Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First GTA Tesla owner's club meeting! Topic - Report on the TESLIVE conference.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Southern Ontario Tesla owner's club meeting

Guys,
As stated in previous threads there seems to be a fair amount of interest in getting together.
I am suggesting a meeting in late July or early August.
I will check on the availability at North Wentworth arena where there are 10 chargers. Unless anyone has another suggestion. Attendance will be restricted to Tesla owners or those that have one on order.
I am going to the TESLIVE conference that runs from July 12-14.
Elon is speaking, there are break out sessions, receptions, and some of us are going on a factory tour. I believe Doug_G, mknox and djp are going as well.
If interested please send me a PM or reply to this thread with your contact info.
Thanks

Last edited:
Guys,
I've checked with North Wentworth Arena and it is available most days during the summer.
I am proposing a few dates. Please chime in on your availability. The room is about $30 per hour so there would be a nominal cost depending on the numbers.
How about Tuesday July 23rd or Wednesday July 24th? Alternatively Wednesday August 7th?
This should give us time to get a report about TESLIVE.
I'd be open to suggestions for other topics.
Let me know

Evenings are ok with me. I'm good for Aug 7 and tentative for July 23/24.

On the weekend I stopped by Windfall Ecology Centre to check out the site, it would work well for a future meeting. The parking lot with the CS-90 has space for about 12 cars. The site has a pavilion with picnic tables surrounded by hiking trails and forest, and is almost always empty according to the staff member I spoke to. Very nice photogenic location.

Aug. 7th would be best for me but I could probably make the 23rd. I would been keen on Windfall as a location for a future meeting as I live in Aurora. Wish I could make the Teslive meeting but will look forward to your report.

Every time I read this thread title I think "Grand Theft Auto". Just me?

Living in the "Greater Toronto Area", I guess I am just used to it. It's our version of "Bay Area", "Twin Cities", "Chicagoland" or what have you to describe the metropolitan area around a city.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys,
I've checked with North Wentworth Arena and it is available most days during the summer.
I am proposing a few dates. Please chime in on your availability. The room is about $30 per hour so there would be a nominal cost depending on the numbers.
How about Tuesday July 23rd or Wednesday July 24th? Alternatively Wednesday August 7th?
This should give us time to get a report about TESLIVE.
I'd be open to suggestions for other topics.
Let me know

Any of those dates work for me if in the evening. I could get there by about 6:00 pm at the earliest.

- - - Updated - - -

On the weekend I stopped by Windfall Ecology Centre to check out the site, it would work well for a future meeting. The parking lot with the CS-90 has space for about 12 cars. The site has a pavilion with picnic tables surrounded by hiking trails and forest, and is almost always empty according to the staff member I spoke to. Very nice photogenic location.

That site looks nice, but may be problematic for me to get to unless on a weekend (which may be problematic for others). I live in the GTA and drive to Cambridge in the Waterloo Region for work. I'd then have to drive all the way back and across Toronto in rush hour traffic to get there. And there's only one charger?

That site looks nice, but may be problematic for me to get to unless on a weekend (which may be problematic for others). I live in the GTA and drive to Cambridge in the Waterloo Region for work. I'd then have to drive all the way back and across Toronto in rush hour traffic to get there. And there's only one charger?

Yes only one EVSE but it's a 90A J1772 so pretty quick if you have twin chargers. I'd be coming from downtown so I wouldn't need a charge.

OK guys the consensus is next Wednesday the 24th.
Location is North Wentworth Arena 27 5 Hwy W, Flamborough, ON 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
It is basically the corner of Highway 6 and Dundas.
I will send emails to those who provided their addresses. If you haven't given yours to me please send it by PM.
Anyone else that is interested and hasn't responded let me know here so I can plan for the number attending.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Last edited:
My Rolling Duffel Bag, Touch-Up Paint Pen and All-Weather Interior Mat set arrived while I was away at TESLIVE (just got back last night after an extended stay in SoCal). I threw them in the trunk in case anyone wants to have a look tonight (including me... it was dark when I unpacked them last night!)