Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is my 60kWh Model S worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not for sale...yet...but thinking about it.

60kWh Model S 5500 miles
Blue Metallic with Tan leather interior, Obeche gloss interior:
Options: Pano Sunroof, Tech Package, Air Suspension, Supercharging
Paint protective film on front fenders and mirrors.

Car has been in an accident--currently at Chilton Auto in San Carlos California. Chilton is a Tesla Authorized body shop and repair work is under the direction and inspection of a Tesla engineer from Fremont.

Repair consists of front bumper, frunk, bumper supports, headlights.

I'd like to get a feel of prices because I'm considering 1) Diminution of Value claim against the driver who hit me and 2) Might be interested in selling so that I can get into a 85kWh model sooner than the 60kWh will be fixed.

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I'd say it's only worth $10k after the accident. You can sell it to me for that and claim all value loss against the guy who hit you.

I'd be very surprised if you could get that much for a car that was in an accident like the one you had since it was slightly more than a fender-bender. I'd think you would more likely be in the $50-55k range, but really I have no idea.

The fact that it was in a fairly significant accident is going to bother some people, especially on a new car type such as the Tesla.

You also have to consider the Federal and State Income tax rebates that you were probably eligible for that a used buyer would not get. I don't think there is much of a used market for Tesla yet, so coming up with a value will be harder. I would price out a new 60 with exactly your options, then subtract the tax rebates, and then some more for your mileage and then some more to account for the accident.

my 2012 sold in 24 hours, there is demand for used ones...

The fact that it was in a fairly significant accident is going to bother some people, especially on a new car type such as the Tesla.

You also have to consider the Federal and State Income tax rebates that you were probably eligible for that a used buyer would not get. I don't think there is much of a used market for Tesla yet, so coming up with a value will be harder. I would price out a new 60 with exactly your options, then subtract the tax rebates, and then some more for your mileage and then some more to account for the accident.

I think when Tesla sells demo cars they typically deduct $1/mile.

I would say current fair market value minus 10-15% due to the repairs and tainted history of the car....

So...Current Price of similarly configured car: 83,020
Depreciation using Tesla's 1%/month and $1/mile model: (8000)
Loss of Federal and State credits (10,000):
So we are at $65k without adjusting for the accident

Aside from the diminished value, I'm going to have to pay tax and registration again...will have to figure this into the math of the settlement.

you still get the federal tax credit....

So...Current Price of similarly configured car: 83,020
Depreciation using Tesla's 1%/month and $1/mile model: (8000)
Loss of Federal and State credits (10,000):
So we are at $65k without adjusting for the accident

Aside from the diminished value, I'm going to have to pay tax and registration again...will have to figure this into the math of the settlement.