Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii - Tesla and other EV Related Resources

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
Maybe we could use a single thread to "stack" URL's web site links to various Tesla or EV Related sites?

Let me get it started:

Web Stuff:

Tesla Hawaii Club - HI Owners and Enthusiasts Tesla Hawaii Club - Tesla HAWAII Club

Teslapage.com Portal - Provides GPS based local EV Charger list

Model S Video on the Walkthrough - www.teslamotors.com/models/walkthrough

TeslaTap.com - Teslatap.com Tesla source of modifications and undocumented features

Dash Clock with extras for MS Web browser - dash.time4tesla.com

Tesla Tuner - teslatuner.com

Tesla Screensaver - tesla.signsmart.com

Hardware:

TucsonEV J1772 Extension Cord works on Tesla Model S

Tesla Accessories.com at Evannex.com

EVSE adapters from EVSEadapters.com. http://www.EVSEadapters.com

YouTube Video on installing front plate on MS - www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY1cGIIGVWo

YouTube Video on Show-N-Go Manual Hidden Front License Plate - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygh6lJbTMiQ

Amazon Link to Manual version
www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=show-n-go

YouTube Video on Show-N-Go Electric Hidden Front License Plate
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQxz3dFROyg

Amazon Link to Electric version
www.amazon.com/Show-Go-License-Plate-Holder/dp/B001TLLZ4E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372028660&sr=8-2&keywords=show-n-go

Apps:

Visible Tesla - Grangular Info and Control of your Tesla

Accessing your MS via Web - artspeak.quogic.com/teslalogin.html

Tesla Trip Planner - evtripplanner.com/tracker_about.php

Information:

Hawaii's EV Laws - http://mauieva.org/report/hawaii_ev_laws.pdf

UH Maui Electric Vehicle Alliance - http://maui.hawaii.edu/eva/home

U.S. Dept of Energy Alternative Fuels Data Center - Alternative Fuels Data Center: Electricity

TaxAlmanac's info on Internal Revenue Code Sec 30C Alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit
www.taxalmanac.org/index.php/Internal_Revenue_Code:Sec._30C._Alternative_fuel_vehicle_refueling_property_credit

Hawaii EV Read Program - energy.hawaii.gov/programs/transportation-on-the-move/ev-ready-program

Inside EV - Electric car news - http://insideevs.com

Hawaii Energy Future Electric Vehicles - Hawaii's Energy Future - Electric Vehicle

Charging:

Chargepoint - www.chargepoint.com

OpConnect - OpConnect Electric Vehicle Charging System | Welcome

Plugshare - PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find the nearest location to charge your electric car!

Teslapage.com Portal - Provides GPS based local EV Charger list

Last edited:
too bad about David's product :(

Here's a link to HECO time of use (TOU) rates for EVs for those interested in signing up for TOU. If you have PV, I would recommend that you don't do TOU. If you don't, it may work out financially for you.

the link to Pete's key fob cover thread: pete8314's Key Fob Cover

the link to the online Tesla gear shop (shirts, hats, etc. etc. - though they're out of stock on a fair # of things): Shop Tesla Gear Welcome

the link to a Tesla logo sticker on Amazon (useful for interior decor - I have mine stuck on an iPad cover, lol) (currently out of stock but it goes in and out fairly quickly): Amazon.com: Tesla Motors Racing Car Bumper Sticker Decal 4: Everything Else

the link to the Tesla Model S page at ProClip USA (IMHO, the best cell phone mounting solution for cars - no suction cups! You need to buy 2 components - the dashboard mount and the cell phone holder): Tesla S 2014 Dashboard Mounts - ProClip USA

Last edited:
hawaiikaiguy, have you found any charging stations in HK except the one by at Koko Marina Shopping Center? I am on Kamehame Drive. You?

There are no other public stations in Hawaii Kai besides the one in Koko Marina. There SHOULD be more at Costco. (I don't know how Costco has been able to get away without installing chargers at their lots ... certainly more than 100 stalls). Public charging infrastructure is very lacking in HK, despite the high number of EVs per capita.

There are no other public stations in Hawaii Kai besides the one in Koko Marina. There SHOULD be more at Costco. (I don't know how Costco has been able to get away without installing chargers at their lots ... certainly more than 100 stalls). Public charging infrastructure is very lacking in HK, despite the high number of EVs per capita.

I agree. I was there yesterday and was surprised there was only one tiny Volta stall in the area.

hawaiikaiguy, have you found any charging stations in HK except the one by at Koko Marina Shopping Center? I am on Kamehame Drive. You?

Yeah, that's the only one. Usually see the same few Nissan Leaf cars (gray, blue) using it. We're in the Triangle/Portlock area.

Currently looking at office space in Koko Marina (Sofos Realty) and Hawaii Kai Exec Plaza (Commercial Asset Advisors), so I should press the property managers on Act 89 compliance...once they've agreed to terms on office of course. :) Both landlords are Kamehameha Schools. Koko Marina has 600+ parking spots by my estimates when you include the parking garage and spots by Taco Bell/Straub, and the Hawaii Kai Exec Plaza/CostCo complex has even more. So between the 2, there should be at least a dozen chargers.

Koko Marina has 600+ parking spots by my estimates when you include the parking garage and spots by Taco Bell/Straub, and the Hawaii Kai Exec Plaza/CostCo complex has even more. So between the 2, there should be at least a dozen chargers.

Oops, my understanding of Act 89 was 1 EV spot per each 100 parking spots in a lot, but after re-reading it looks like just "at least 1" EV spot for lots with at least 100 spots. So a lot with 600 stalls needs to have just 1 EV spot at a minimum. Any other interpretations?

That's probably how most property owners are interpreting the law.

That is how I interpreted it as well. Of course, if there is more demand, maybe more stalls will open up. Of course, enforcement of the law is not there and I have seen ICE cars parked in those stalls, just like others park in the handicapped stalls but don't have the stickers.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought this was interesting. With the high price of electricity in Hawaii, powering an electric car is not necessarily cheaper than ICE, based on egallon.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that this article was interesting for those who have PV on their homes.