Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Atascadero, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this the location? Just matching the Rabobank and Denny's in Atascadero. There is a Starbucks nearby too.

rabo.jpg

Hard to believe Atascadero is so far along without any previous note of it here. A bit surprised at location as the distance between Atascadero and Buelton is only 80 miles. Based on this, I should think Salinas ought to be next, to take some of the load off of Gilroy. Any spies in Salinas?

Salinas isn't on the Summer 2013 map. The only locations for Summer 2013 in California are Atascadero, Buellton, Oxnard, and San Juan Capistrano. Only Atascadero and Buellton have been spotted, AFAIK. The other two are rumored, but match up with the map.

Just found the attached picture while researching my trip to Nor Cal on Plughsare. 8 bays have been installed at Rabobank.

http://www.plugshare.com/api/_uploads/locations/image_5778.jpg

Nice work! I have been hoping that one would come online in time for our July road trip to Morro Bay and Carmel. I too am surprised that no one else on here had noticed the activity. I had speculated a few days ago that Buellton would be the only one up and running by month end. This is great news! Thanks.

Salinas isn't on the Summer 2013 map. The only locations for Summer 2013 in California are Atascadero, Buellton, Oxnard, and San Juan Capistrano. Only Atascadero and Buellton have been spotted, AFAIK. The other two are rumored, but match up with the map.
I see Salinas scheduled for "Fall 2013". So what do you think "Fall" means? Sept to Nov?

Hard to believe Atascadero is so far along without any previous note of it here. A bit surprised at location as the distance between Atascadero and Buelton is only 80 miles. Based on this, I should think Salinas ought to be next, to take some of the load off of Gilroy. Any spies in Salinas?

+1!! I charged at the Rabobank in Atascadero over Memorial Day weekend and there wasn't any sign of putting these in, but it did look like a perfect SC location with lots of space to put these in. I am really happy with this location!

Sweet.

If they're finished with Buellton and Atascadero, then Oxnard or San Juan should be breaking ground soon. It's the same team doing each of them (one of the workers I met at a Supercharger told me the cities they were doing).

Two weeks ago I had to go from Ventura to San Francisco and back to Ventura twice. Both times I used Atascadero 70amp charger for 1.5 hours and Gilroy for 45 minutes. My last time at Atascadero was only 9 days ago. I had seen zero construction. They must have started soon after we were there. These guys constructing the Superchargers are very fast!

That's great news about the possible activation this weekend. I hope they do the San Juan Capistrano next, I have a trip planned to San Diego mid July and a detour to downtown La to use the Hawthorn supercharger is less than ideal. I'll hit it mid-day on a Wednesday most likely on the way down and a Monday morning on the way back.

Anybody know when Tesla will make an official announcement about the sites? Probably waiting for a big announcement when all are up and running, but I'd sure like to start planning a road trip for the summer.....
I'm betting on casual tweets from Elon as each goes live. That's about as sophisticated as communications get at TM these days.