Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Ocean City, MD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm vacationing in Ocean City, MD in late August, and expecting to have my brand new Model S 85 kWh by then!! It would make a great first road trip. I live near Baltimore, MD. I normally travel over the Bay Bridge to OC, but I could travel via the DE supercharger instead if necessary. It's 115 miles from the SC to ocean city, so I definitely can't make the round trip, especially with travelling during the week. I don't see any public charging stations in Ocean City. I might be able to stop at the Nissan dealership listed on Chargepoint, but since I'll be in town for a while I think I'd have to charge in Ocean City somehow. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm staying at Oceana II on 83rd street. I was thinking maybe there will be a 110V outlet in the parking lot that should give me plenty of charge during my stay, but I don't have any way to verify short of taking an ICE round-trip sometime between now and then.

I've done the round trip between Arlington, VA and Rehoboth Beach, DE on a single charge, so you wouldn't need much to top off. I'm at the beach now, but in a rented house this time, so I'm able to tap the dryer plug. I haven't seen much in the area here, but there are some charging stations listed on the Eastern Shore. Recargo is where I spotted them. They were my backup for the first round trip.

If you are staying 2-3 nights, 110V-12amps should replenish your battery just fine. Plug in as soon as possible and leave it for the night.

I am leaving from Montreal tomorrow, to get to Ocean City monday night, thanks to the supercharging.

Will be camping, since this is the best way to get 50 amps

I'm vacationing in Ocean City, MD in late August, and expecting to have my brand new Model S 85 kWh by then!! It would make a great first road trip. I live near Baltimore, MD. I normally travel over the Bay Bridge to OC, but I could travel via the DE supercharger instead if necessary. It's 115 miles from the SC to ocean city, so I definitely can't make the round trip, especially with travelling during the week. I don't see any public charging stations in Ocean City. I might be able to stop at the Nissan dealership listed on Chargepoint, but since I'll be in town for a while I think I'd have to charge in Ocean City somehow. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'm staying at Oceana II on 83rd street. I was thinking maybe there will be a 110V outlet in the parking lot that should give me plenty of charge during my stay, but I don't have any way to verify short of taking an ICE round-trip sometime between now and then.

I have a NEMA 14-50 about a half mile off of route 1 in Bethany Beach, DE. Happy to let people charge, but since we often have guest at the house, I would need to give them a heads up. Feel free to PM me for use.

Dave

Well we are heading to OC Friday for a long weekend. I still see no (none!) chargers in town. We have two paths. First obvious is just straight East from DC out 50. There is a Whole Foods just before Annapolis. Nice unless you are on a diet. And then just across the bridge is Nexus, a home builder I think with a couple of plugs. And there is something in Salisbury we have used. So we try and charge a bit so have some drivable miles while in town. All J1772 with about 20 mph, a lot of time. We cant seem to find even 120 plug around our condo. But alternately we found that going North to the Del SC is longer mileage but shorter in time due to charging speed. We will probably use that on the way back.

But alternately we found that going North to the Del SC is longer mileage but shorter in time due to charging speed. We will probably use that on the way back.

This is what I was thinking, if you have to stop to charge along the way. The total time will be shorter stopping at the Delaware SC. The problem is it's 114 miles from the DE SC to Ocean City. Even if you get a full range charge at the SC, which will take longer, you'll still have to charge somewhere in Ocean City during your stay in order to make it back to the SC, and as you say, there are very few charging options in town.