Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA (temporary closure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the Marriott in Buelton, California to checkout the supercharger progress. All installed !!

8 installed, south parking area near the entrance

No transformer (but pad is poured)

- - - Updated - - -

Pics on Plugshare:

Tesla Supercharger Marriott Buellton

Tesla Supercharger Marriott Buellton - Electric Car (EV) Charging Station - PlugShare

null-3.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-4.jpg

Last edited:
Great! I am hoping it is operational by early July. My wife and I are planning a road trip to Ojai, Morro Bay and Carmel and that supercharger in Buellton is an integral part of the plan. Has anyone heard about the other CA locations?

Rumors were Atascadero and Oxnard.

Both of those would be perfect for the road trip we are planning. Elon said these would be open by the end of the month, didn't he? Unless they are flying way under the TMC radar it seems like Buellton may be the only new one open. That would be fine for the early part of our trio but the Morro Bay to Carmel leg is going to necessitate a stop at a J1772 charger unless a supercharger location in Atascadero or Paso Robles suddenly pops up.

Both of those would be perfect for the road trip we are planning. Elon said these would be open by the end of the month, didn't he? Unless they are flying way under the TMC radar it seems like Buellton may be the only new one open. That would be fine for the early part of our trio but the Morro Bay to Carmel leg is going to necessitate a stop at a J1772 charger unless a supercharger location in Atascadero or Paso Robles suddenly pops up.
You have an 85KW or 60KW? It's only 146 miles from Morro Bay to Carmel on Hwy 1. I am planning a trip in September and plan on going down Hwy 1 from Carmel to Buelton (197 miles) and with the speed on Hwy 1 mostly be under 60 it so shouldn't be a problem.

60KW. Just factoring in the distance from Buellton to Morro Bay and side trips to Cambria and San Simeon while we are there. Should be able to top off with a J1772 in or around Morro Bay but even with that the 146 to Carmel means I will need to use a J1772 again to get to Gilroy before we continue on to the Bay Area.

Supercharger at Buellton (6).JPG

I stopped by this evening and no real progress since the previous photos. 4 of the chargers said something like "Electric cars only while charging." But the 4 others had these signs. As I interpret the signs this means the four spaces could be ICEed for 2 hours at a time from Noon until 8 PM. Any other interpretation?

View attachment 24671

I stopped by this evening and no real progress since the previous photos. 4 of the chargers said something like "Electric cars only while charging." But the 4 others had these signs. As I interpret the signs this means the four spaces could be ICEed for 2 hours at a time from Noon until 8 PM. Any other interpretation?

That's correct. Tesla generally negotiates some exclusive and some non-exclusive spaces.

Looks like both Buellton and Atascadero will be operational within the next week. The other two Summer 2013 locations looked lime Oxnard or Ventura and South OC so 50% of the new CA locations will soon be operating. I am satisfied with that particularly since these two were the ones we were hoping for to do our July road trip.

Looks like both Buellton and Atascadero will be operational within the next week. The other two Summer 2013 locations looked lime Oxnard or Ventura and South OC so 50% of the new CA locations will soon be operating. I am satisfied with that particularly since these two were the ones we were hoping for to do our July road trip.

I'll be very happy when these are finally reported to be up and operating.