Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug: Open rear passenger door, sunroof opens to vent.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a wierd bug I've seen twice now in the last 4 days on 4.5 (.44).

Twice, I've opened the rear passenger door, and the sunroof immediately opens to the vent position. Not sure why. I think the climate control was on in both cases, but I'm not sure.

I did reboot both the driver and main screens in between these two events, so it wasn't just some random one-off thing.

I'll report it to Tesla, but has anyone else seen this?

This happened again to me today, on 4.5 (.54 flavor). This is the fourth time it's happened. I park the car, get out, go around to the rear passenger side, open the door, and the pano roof opened to the vent position.

This time it was raining, so I quickly pulled up the app and closed the roof that way (had a car seat in my hands).

Interestingly, a few minutes later after the rain stopped, I used the iPhone app to vent the roof, and it would not open. I had to go to the car and use the touchscreen to get it to open.

...and today, a sixth time. This time, the car was just off in the garage. I came out with my fob, opened the DRIVER's door, and the sunroof popped open to vent. Really, really wierd stuff. If it helps anyone investigating this issue, I have the right scrollwheel assigned to opening and closing the sunroof.

Have you contacted Tesla? It seems you're the only one here experiencing this issue, so best have the professionals check it out.

Yes. Bug reports as usual go into a black hole, and there's never any follow up from engineering, at least as far as the bugs I've reported. When they're fixed, we never hear it either....and it's not in the release notes....so the only way I'd know if an obscure bug like this is fixed is if it doesn't appear again after a software update.

The only thing I've had remotely similar is on one or two occasions I rolled down the driver's window to access a parking lot gate control, and when I got out of the car the right rear passenger window was also down. Someone suggested my knee might have hit the controls on the door panel as I reached out, but I really don't think so. Hasn't happened recently.