Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this on the TM website:

Untitled.jpg

I looked around for a list in our FL subforum, but didn't see one anywhere. Some of that surprised me a little as I thought Orlando was to be a store and I wasn't aware of Jacksonville service either.

The "Find Us" section of the Tesla Motors web site has a gray "coming soon" dot for the Jacksonville service center. Using a map app to determine the dot position, I got an approximate address of 21 Union St. East. So after ferrying some holiday guests to JAX airport, I did a quick detour to the area in downtown Jacksonville. Nothing. Just an old 2-story brick building fronting a large empty lot. Could be a tear-down candidate for a new Tesla building rather than a renovation as has been done elsewhere. I did not have my camera with me and the caveat is that I could be wrong about the address. Perhaps somebody who lives closer can keep tabs on any changes in the area.

The "Find Us" section of the Tesla Motors web site has a gray "coming soon" dot for the Jacksonville service center. Using a map app to determine the dot position, I got an approximate address of 21 Union St. East. So after ferrying some holiday guests to JAX airport, I did a quick detour to the area in downtown Jacksonville. Nothing. Just an old 2-story brick building fronting a large empty lot. Could be a tear-down candidate for a new Tesla building rather than a renovation as has been done elsewhere. I did not have my camera with me and the caveat is that I could be wrong about the address. Perhaps somebody who lives closer can keep tabs on any changes in the area.

I work two blocks from this area (JEA Building) and it's not that bad a location for a service center. The whole block is owned by "ELEVENTH EPISCOPAL DIST OF * THE AFRICAN METH EP" and the south side of the block is just a vacant lot with a 1924 brick building on the SE corner and a cell tower on the SW side.

I'll keep an eye on this property and report any changes to it.

I work two blocks from this area (JEA Building) and it's not that bad a location for a service center. The whole block is owned by "ELEVENTH EPISCOPAL DIST OF * THE AFRICAN METH EP" and the south side of the block is just a vacant lot with a 1924 brick building on the SE corner and a cell tower on the SW side.

I'll keep an eye on this property and report any changes to it.

Thanks. It does have the advantage of being close to and easily accessible from I-95 regardless of whether you are northbound or southbound.

Don't know if it's a good sign or a bad one, but I was not able to find any Jacksonville jobs listed on the Tesla site. Some have been listed in the past. When I ordered (June '13), the crew in Tampa thought Jax was scheduled for late '13 or first part of '14. Another example of Tesla time:smile:. Does anyone know how many cars/what distance Tesla might want to have to warrant opening a service center?

I hope the map dot is generic for Jax. The location would not have enough visibility or foot traffic to double as a sales gallery, and the Brooklyn Station location discussed in another thread is not very far away & is much better suited for a Supercharger.

Would love to see a service center in Naples/Ft. Myers area. Dania Beach underwent a massive expansion this year and I'm told they are acquiring additional space adjacent to their current, larger, facility. So Naples/Ft. Myers may not be on near term horizon either... :(

Larry,

A Tesla insider relayed in confidence that the "west coast Tesla folks" are working on a new/different Service Center location (no specific idea of location) for the Orlando area and it may involve a move from the current Longwood location. Timing is thought to be sometime in 2016. It's not much but the best I have for now.