Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Charge Port Location....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

From the looks of the Model X prototype/beta, the charging port seems to be in the same location as on Model S (driver's tail light). Has there been any confirmation of this one way or another?

I'm getting my garage re-wired for two EV slots (one Model S, one Model X) and it would be nice to be able to optimize the charge point locations a bit so the cords aren't stretched and looped all over the place.

would be nice if the X had the port on the passenger side to better accommodate the use of the same HPWC and/or centrally located outlet for those of us with a Model S. If we get an X with the port on the driver's side we'll have issues reaching the charger unless we back in.

But I suspect that it'll be in the exact location, the Superchargers are all set up for that particular location and it will become the standard for all future Teslas.

Anyone successfully setup overhead HPWC?

I mounted the HPWC enclosure on the wall, and routed the charge cable length across the garage ceiling. I back the car it, and it's easy with the back-up camera, parking sensors and a little practice.

View attachment 96513

Attachments

• IMG_0476.png
    IMG_0476.png
    788.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Why do the concierge doors only work from one direction? It's simpler to only program a single scenario.

How would the car know it needs to back in? Unless it can mimic behavior or Geotag the location of your EVSE? Each requiring fairly complex learning algorithms.

Presumably you would tell it whether to back in or go frontwards in. Sure it's a little more work, but it would be a strange limitation. After all, if it goes in frontwards it needs to know how to back out.

would be nice if the X had the port on the passenger side to better accommodate the use of the same HPWC and/or centrally located outlet for those of us with a Model S. If we get an X with the port on the driver's side we'll have issues reaching the charger unless we back in.

But I suspect that it'll be in the exact location, the Superchargers are all set up for that particular location and it will become the standard for all future Teslas.

Some of us configured their electrical outlets accounting for this possibility of two electric cars. I put two seperate 50am circuits in garage - one on right wall near garage door so I can simply pull car directly in OR back in - either way cable stretches perfect. The second outlet is on the outside of garage and same location and designed to be backed in.

amazing what a little planning can do. :)

I mounted the HPWC enclosure on the wall, and routed the charge cable length across the garage ceiling. I back the car it, and it's easy with the back-up camera, parking sensors and a little practice.

View attachment 96513

I'm thinking of eventually doing a similar setup. Right now I just use the supplied UMC, so I have it draped across the back wall and floor and I always back in.