Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories to fit a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Thought I'd see if anybody has recommendations on accessories that go well with the Model S:

UMBRELLA: Although the small pockets in the glove compartment are ostensibly for the charging adapters, I rarely use them and wouldn't mind storing a small compact umbrella there instead. The collapsible umbrellas I have are slightly too long to fit. I thought I'd check and see if anybody has a found one that fits before I go about the trial and error of trying to find one.

WINDSHIELD SHADE: I bought the local Costco shade, but although it was for "large" windshields, between the steep rake of front window making for a rather long piece of glass, and the relatively small visors, it's barely large enough to cover and stay in place. Any recommendations?

LITTER BAG/BIN:
I know... nobody wants one in the car. That having been said, any small/discreet ones that might tuck away out of site somewhere?

TIRE REPAIR KITS:
I know I've seen recommendations for alternatives to Tesla's... but thought I'd throw it out again to see if there are any well-regarded ones we could list here... the right-most trunk cubby looks like a good place for one. Speaking of which....

REAR TRUNK STORAGE:
I have my UMC/adapter bag in the left trunk cubby, and the right one will likely get a tire repair kit. Any organizers useful for either cubby of the center "footwell" compartment?

FIRST AID KITS: Anybody found one that stows away somewhere conveniently on the Model S?

Any other neat "make life easier" additions to the vehicle?

Thought I'd see if anybody has recommendations on accessories that go well with the Model S:

WINDSHIELD SHADE: I bought the local Costco shade, but although it was for "large" windshields, between the steep rake of front window making for a rather long piece of glass, and the relatively small visors, it's barely large enough to cover and stay in place. Any recommendations?

Sun Shades for 2013 Tesla Model S

Larry

I find a BoundTree Tactical Response Bag, with O2 tank, a ANSI 4 reflective coat and quick response kit fit nicely in the back well, and turnout gear fits nicely in the frunk, with a fire helmet in the little cubby.... but I'm possibly the only person using their Model S as a response vehicle on volunteer ambulance / rescue calls. Seriously, it all fits perfectly!

Consider getting a BackMat for pets or loads that may get dirt on the interior of the back cargo area (not waterproof). See post 800 at Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions - Page 80.
Gypsy in the Model S.jpg

Any thoughts as to if this kit (or similar from other retailers) is safe for use on tires containing TPMS sensors? It doesn't seem to say on their page one way or the other.

I'm hoping to order from Amazon today, as i have a road trip later this week...

Thanks.