Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another EV only household

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zythryn

Custom Warming Stripes wrap.
Mar 18, 2009
Minnesota
I really wasn't expecting this, as I figured I knew what to expect.

My wife and I took delivery of our second Model S a few weeks ago. Yesterday, we completed the final step of transferring the lease on our Chevy Volt and the new owner drove away with it at 2:38pm, leaving us with a purely electric garage.

A sense of calm unexpectedly descended upon me as my wife and I walked through our garage, hand in hand, into the future:)

Joules: 85kWh, Sig Red, 12,300 miles
Jade: 60kWh, Metalic Green, 1600 miles

They share a NEMA 14-50 plug at the moment. Jade will be getting her own shortly:)

I was very surprised how peaceful it feels having an all electric garage. The Volt was wonderful and served our needs well. However, it still had one foot stuck in the old world.

Thank you all for making this forum a community. I don't post as often as some, but I wanted to let you all know how much I have appreciated the sharing of information, analysis, laughter, tears, outrage, victories, and perseverance.

George, Elon, and any other Tesla employees that may read this, you are most definately included in all of the above as well. Thank you for sharing your vision with the world and my family!

Do you have any idea what vehicle the Volt is replacing for the buyer? Also what car did the buyer (and companion I presume) arrive in?

As I recall, it is replacing one of their SUVs. Family with a number of vehicles and they are 'thinning the heard':)
They had one of their SUVs.

Very nice family, I strongly suspect a Tesla is in their future. I actually promised the father "dibs" on my used Model S sig, should I ever decide to sell it;)

And thanks all. GG, I promise to get photos. We will probably make a photo of the pair our Christmas card this year:rolleyes:

We just dropped off our leased Infiniti G37 last Thursday and now are all electric with our two year old Nissan Leaf (love it except for the limited range) and our 3 week old Metallic Green 60 Kwh Tesla. It is the best car I have ever driven! Planning a road trip to Carmel and SF in July.

My wife and I took delivery of our second Model S a few weeks ago. Yesterday, we completed the final step of transferring the lease on our Chevy Volt and the new owner drove away with it at 2:38pm, leaving us with a purely electric garage.

A sense of calm unexpectedly descended upon me as my wife and I walked through our garage, hand in hand, into the future:)

Joules: 85kWh, Sig Red, 12,300 miles
Jade: 60kWh, Metalic Green, 1600 miles

They share a NEMA 14-50 plug at the moment. Jade will be getting her own shortly:)

I was very surprised how peaceful it feels having an all electric garage. The Volt was wonderful and served our needs well. However, it still had one foot stuck in the old world.

Thank you all for making this forum a community. I don't post as often as some, but I wanted to let you all know how much I have appreciated the sharing of information, analysis, laughter, tears, outrage, victories, and perseverance.

George, Elon, and any other Tesla employees that may read this, you are most definately included in all of the above as well. Thank you for sharing your vision with the world and my family!

It really is a great feeling, isn't it? In my garage: Tesla Roadster and Model S, Black and Decker electric lawn mower and electric trimmer. Zero gasoline. Very rarely (couple times a year) I'll need to borrow a truck from work, and put gas in it before I return it. You'll be surprised at how annoying and inconvenient it is to buy gas once you're no longer doing it on a regular basis.

Way to go, Zythryn! My wife is also waiting patiently for her electric car, a Gen 3. Uh, not so patiently. At present, Livewire is (checking the app.) in the parking ramp by my wife's place of work. The discussion this morning was "are you driving anywhere? Do you mind if I take the Tesla?" I guess you've figured out how to get your wife to stop asking that question!

Hey Zythryn! Thanks for the Volt. Personally I love the Tesla much better but the Volt is all my dad can afford as of now. I really appreciate you giving me the chance to drive your Model S. It was wonderful (even though I couldn't go over 25 mph in your neighborhood)! As you know the Model S is my favorite car of all time and I can't wait until either my father or I can get one.

P.S. Although Sig Red is my favorite color, I was surprised with how beautiful your new green was! :love:

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any idea what vehicle the Volt is replacing for the buyer? Also what car did the buyer (and companion I presume) arrive in?
Brianman, my father was the buyer of Zythryn's Volt and we are using it to replace a 1996 Chevy Tahoe that gets at best 12 mpg. We came to Zythryn's house in our 2002 Chevy Tahoe which gets a slightly better 16 mpg. Hopefully a Tesla will be our next car, but I have yet to convince my dad to drop $70,000 on one. I also got my grandfather and uncle almost convinced to buy the Model S. Maybe we can become a Tesla family!

Hey Zythryn! Thanks for the Volt. Personally I love the Tesla much better but the Volt is all my dad can afford as of now. I really appreciate you giving me the chance to drive your Model S. It was wonderful (even though I couldn't go over 25 mph in your neighborhood)! As you know the Model S is my favorite car of all time and I can't wait until either my father or I can get one.

P.S. Although Sig Red is my favorite color, I was surprised with how beautiful your new green was! :love:

Awesome! First step in getting off of gas and a big improvement over the Tahoe even if the gas engine kicks in.

- - - Updated - - -

Just went all EV myself last September. Has been great so far. Taken many day trips all within range of the 85 kWh pack. Haven't taken any trips that require a Supercharger but we don't have one anyway yet so works out.

It was our pleasure! We are very happy to see the Volt going to a good home:)
Thanks also for the update, my memory is terrible so I am glad you could answer Brainman's question!

Don't be a stranger around here, I am sure the forum would be enriched with your perspective and ideas.
Thanks for welcoming me! I love reading about all the great times and fun people are having in their Model S. I am so excited about the future of Tesla and the future of transportation in general and it's great to see all of the people on this forum who have the same interests as I do. It's my second most frequently visited website next to Space.com!