Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another EV only household

I really wasn't expecting this, as I figured I knew what to expect.

My wife and I took delivery of our second Model S a few weeks ago. Yesterday, we completed the final step of transferring the lease on our Chevy Volt and the new owner drove away with it at 2:38pm, leaving us with a purely electric garage.
    Hey Zythryn! Thanks for the Volt. Personally I love the Tesla much better but the Volt is all my dad can afford as of now. I really appreciate you giving me the chance to drive your Model S. It was wonderful (even though I couldn't go over 25 mph in your neighborhood)! As you know the Model S is my favorite car of all time and I can't wait until either my father or I can get one.

P.S. Although Sig Red is my favorite color, I was surprised with how beautiful your new green was!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Do you have any idea what vehicle the Volt is replacing for the buyer? Also what car did the buyer (and companion I presume) arrive in?
    Brianman, my father was the buyer of Zythryn's Volt and we are using it to replace a 1996 Chevy Tahoe that gets at best 12 mpg. We came to Zythryn's house in our 2002 Chevy Tahoe which gets a slightly better 16 mpg. Hopefully a Tesla will be our next car, but I have yet to convince my dad to drop $70,000 on one. I also got my grandfather and uncle almost convinced to buy the Model S. Maybe we can become a Tesla family!

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpwe10 View Post
    Hey Zythryn! Thanks for the Volt. Personally I love the Tesla much better but the Volt is all my dad can afford as of now. I really appreciate you giving me the chance to drive your Model S. It was wonderful (even though I couldn't go over 25 mph in your neighborhood)! As you know the Model S is my favorite car of all time and I can't wait until either my father or I can get one.

P.S. Although Sig Red is my favorite color, I was surprised with how beautiful your new green was!
    Awesome! First step in getting off of gas and a big improvement over the Tahoe even if the gas engine kicks in.

- - - Updated - - -

Just went all EV myself last September. Has been great so far. Taken many day trips all within range of the 85 kWh pack. Haven't taken any trips that require a Supercharger but we don't have one anyway yet so works out.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

@jpwe10 - Welcome to the forum and thanks for the follow-up info. Hope you enjoy the Volt and that it treats you well.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

SSL #180
    Quote Originally Posted by jpwe10 View Post
    Hey Zythryn! Thanks for the Volt. ...
    It was our pleasure! We are very happy to see the Volt going to a good home
    Thanks also for the update, my memory is terrible so I am glad you could answer Brainman's question!

Don't be a stranger around here, I am sure the forum would be enriched with your perspective and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zythryn View Post
    It was our pleasure! We are very happy to see the Volt going to a good home
    Thanks also for the update, my memory is terrible so I am glad you could answer Brainman's question!

Don't be a stranger around here, I am sure the forum would be enriched with your perspective and ideas.
    Thanks for welcoming me! I love reading about all the great times and fun people are having in their Model S. I am so excited about the future of Tesla and the future of transportation in general and it's great to see all of the people on this forum who have the same interests as I do. It's my second most frequently visited website next to Space.com!

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gg_got_a_tesla View Post
    ...wife's onboard to swap her Mini for a Gen 3.
    HA, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an EV Motorcycle to replace my MINI Cooper S so we can go EV only. I'm on a mission!

Conrad's to the new EV only household!
    The Chronicles of Belle - 60kWh TeslaTrip
    Discoduckys' posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within the TeslaMotorsClub forum. Content in posts may NOT be used, quoted or otherwise published outside this forum, without authors expressed written consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Discoducky View Post
    HA, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on an EV Motorcycle ... I'm on a mission [...]
    ... motorcycle?
    ... from God?
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Thread Information