Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario delivery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I've lurked around the forums for a bit... circled the Model S for the past 3 months, and eventually put my money down last month. Finalized June 7th, got my VIN shortly after (13757), and have since been waiting and refreshing the "My Tesla" page and checking the smart phone app every so often (so I'm a bit impatient <_<)

The sales person at the Toronto Tesla store as well as the website both suggest "late June" delivery -- but from reading these forums I know that's hardly likely. Calling Tesla confirms that it takes about 9 days to delivery a car from Cali to Ontario, and the "real" delivery window is likely going to be late July / early August... That's roughly double the time I expected.

Have anyone here picked up a MS in Ontario? How long will I have to wait? :confused:

Thanks! Yup, the VIN part didn't take long at all, and when I called Tesla a few days ago I couldn't add an extra feature (sound system upgrade), which suggests that the car is indeed being built right now... which is why I wonder why there is a potential extra month-and-a-half wait involved for crossing the border. Any current Canadian MS owner experiences on the matter would be fantastic to know.

I'd also like to know what the process is like. Just got my VIN as well, ordered on May 31st. VIN is 14652. P85+. Hoping for an early/mid August delivery.

I've heard that once it says that the order has been confirmed under the "My Tesla" section, that it heads to production soon after and a deliver button will appear shortly after receiving the VIN. I just received my VIN this morning, when should I expect to be able to make delivery arrangements?

Thanks!

I may not be the best example because I was fairly early in the Production series deliveries. I noticed the car showed up in the mobile app and called Tesla. At first, they found no VIN, then, upon checking further told me yes, there was one. I was expecting late March/early April and within about a week of getting the VIN they told me my car was actually in the Toronto shop and I could come and pick it up. Very little "warning" and I had to scramble to get my insurance, trade-in etc. in order.

Hey fellow Ontario Tesla Owners to be....

I just got my VIN today for my P85+ - 14663. But things occurred somewhat backwards from what you are describing. I had finalized my order back on May 27 and had a delivery window assigned as June 24 - July 12. I had to wait for a VIN till now. If my car shows up next week, that will be just on the early side of the promised delivery.

On a side note, I live just south of the Toronto Service Center and dropped in last Thursday for a visit. There was a red P85+ that just arrived and was told that it was one of the first P85+ that they have received. Looked really nice in the multi-coat read but I'm still a black car type of guy.

Here's a shot of the P85+ in Red...

Red P85+.JPG

Congrats on the order! Black is awesome. I went with the black on black 85+. Dark rims. CF interior. Looking to get the chrome on the exterior vinyl wrapped. Tints.

You should look into joining GHEVA (if you haven't already). http://gheva.org/

Hey fellow Ontario Tesla Owners to be....

I just got my VIN today for my P85+ - 14663. But things occurred somewhat backwards from what you are describing. I had finalized my order back on May 27 and had a delivery window assigned as June 24 - July 12. I had to wait for a VIN till now. If my car shows up next week, that will be just on the early side of the promised delivery.

On a side note, I live just south of the Toronto Service Center and dropped in last Thursday for a visit. There was a red P85+ that just arrived and was told that it was one of the first P85+ that they have received. Looked really nice in the multi-coat read but I'm still a black car type of guy.

Here's a shot of the P85+ in Red...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the order! Black is awesome. I went with the black on black 85+. Dark rims. CF interior. Looking to get the chrome on the exterior vinyl wrapped. Tints.

You should look into joining GHEVA (if you haven't already). http://gheva.org/

Wow... Looks like my car is just behind yours in the sequence. Mine is also a blk/blk p85+ with gray rims , cf, pano, loaded except for jump seats. My delivery window seems to be way off yours though. I got my delivery button on may 28 with a delivery window of June 24 to July 15. Are you trading in? I'm going to spend my next few weeks saying goodbye to my black A7.

Lets see what happens...

Wow, quick turnaround. You must have jumped on to a production schedule that matched your car exactly.

What did you order? What was the delivery process like?

I just placed my order on May 31st, but I'll be away until late July so I'm looking for delivery in early/mid August.

A quick data point. Mine was built in the week of May 20th. It was available for delivery in Toronto on June 11th.

Interesting... so I'm guessing the VIN is based on the reservation date rather than on the finalized date. I reserved on May 25th.

@Q2_Quik: That does sound strange. Delivery window before the VIN? Does your car show up on the mobile app?

I thought it was strange as well. My mobile app does not show my car as it gives me an error with 'no vehicle linked to this account'