Here is the data:
Charged fine on the GE charger at work. Came home:
- Plug into 230 V/40A plug. Car has been dialed down to 30 amp since delivery. Ring turns green, Charger blinks running green. Screen in car shows 230V/30A with 0A charging.
- Screen on car's screen cycles through 0-230V up and down and Ring turns Red.
- LED on charger blinks GREEN and unit clicks 4 times with each Green but does not go Red.
- Unplugged charger and retried, cycled breakers and retried, pressed reset on charger and retired.
Called Tesla and they did a remote troubleshoot and think the UMC is bad.
The next morning:
- Tried 230V plug with same results but now charger blinks 2 times RED. Cycled power, unplug replug, hit reset. Same results.
- Tried on 120V/20 Amp plug. Car has been dialed down to 11A so breaker will not trip since delivery. Same results as above.
- Press reset on charger and car begins to charge at 11A.
- Removed plug from car.
- Plugged charger into 230V and plugged into car – car charges at 30 Amp.
- Unplugged at car and replug – car charges at 30 Amp again.
I will try the GE Charger at work later today and bring my UMC and try it in the plug I had put in by the GE Charger.