Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Share your Canadian/Vancouver Tesla purchasing experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am actively in the market for the Model S, but not having a local Tesla store (I've seen the Bellevue mall store a few times) makes this a bit of a weird experience. I'm having a devil of a time finding local (Vancouver) companies who would be willing to lease this as they don't know how to get at a Tesla.

I could finance it, but I remain a bit worried about resale values for a new category of car and would be much much happier if/when Tesla offers the resale value guarantee in Canada. Since I upgrade vehicles every 3-4 years, this will likely impact me.

I spoke with Tesla sales today and they had no details to offer, but did mention the Scotiabank 3.99% financing (not a lease, just a regular car loan). Some sort of lease would at least set some residual value floor. I do think Tesla offering the resale value guarantee in the US will definitely keep the values up (it's a brilliant move for an upstart company in an unproven category) but without it in Canada I'm skittish.

I was wondering if anyone would share how they found the sales experience in buying a Tesla in Vancouver?

I tried calling the Vancouver service center a couple of times today and they didn't answer the phone, making me worry a little bit about the quality of support here. Is the service center involved at all in the sale aside from the vehicle delivery time?

Did you do a trade-in at the time of your Tesla purchase? Does Tesla handle trade ins? (I forgot to ask my Tesla guy, and have another call in, but I suspect they wouldn't take tradeins since they aren't physically in Canada).

Hi Steve,

I bought entirely online, and worked with a rep in California through the experience. Only good things to say.

The local service center is hard to reach by phone but easy to deal with via email. My first 12000km have been without incident, so the only thing I've had to do with them was the purchase and swapping off and on of the winter tires. Very very pleased - the Vancouver technician is a long time Tesla employee previously stationed in Toronto and really seems to know what he is doing.

Only good things to say. (And no, the service center is involved in anything in my experience besides just getting the to you at the end.

I'm IN DA CLUB! Worked with Gar in California, then Hans in Toronto. Both were terrific. It will be even better for future buyers when Tesla has a retail presence here in BC.

Just placed my order today for a MS60, pearl white. Now comes the painful wait....

Financed via Scotia, decided to jump w/o lease or resale guarantee!

sorry to revive an old thread.
I phoned the Vancouver Service Centre and arranged a test drive on Oct 13, confirmed Oct 14, now waiting for Jan (possibly late Dec) delivery.
I was also told that they will move the Service Centre from Powell St to downtown Robson St in November!

@nightau

Congrats on your purchase- you will love it!

Are you sure they said they are moving the service center? I would be very surprised since they just did a ton of renovations in the spring to move in. Robson doesn't strike me as a car service location. Perhaps you heard it is their sales center that is moving as there has been lots of talk on that front recently.

@nightau

Congrats on your purchase- you will love it!

Are you sure they said they are moving the service center? I would be very surprised since they just did a ton of renovations in the spring to move in. Robson doesn't strike me as a car service location. Perhaps you heard it is their sales center that is moving as there has been lots of talk on that front recently.

Thanks, big financial commitment, but I want it and YOLO!

sorry wrong info earlier.
Confirmed: Sales office will move to 666 Burrard Street next month, for a few month until the Tesla Store opens on Robson St. Service Centre will remain on Powell St for now, but there are plans to move it to a more suitable location in the future.