Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue or Brown: Opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've narrowed down my color choice to either blue or brown. I'm taking a second test drive at Bellevue Square tomorrow night and will more than likely put in my reservation for my 85kw Model S. I've seen few blue in the area, but haven't actually seen a brown in person. Anyone else have to make a tough choice between two colors and if so, how did you choose? Has anyone seen a brown in the Seattle/Eastside/South King County area? If you are in this area and have brown, I'd love to have a quick look. :smile:

20130407Seattle_Brown.jpg

This is the first of the only two brown Model S that I've seen in person.

2013/04/07 Seattle from this event:
Spring 2013 Get Together in the Bellevue-Seattle-Redmond-Issaquah-Kirkland Area - Page 4

Well, I sympathize with you. Without seeing them, it is tough. I selected green, and in the bright sunshine it is great, but otherwise it is just about black. Pretty much the same for the blue, at least to me. I like the brown.

I took delivery in Bellevue, at the location that is to be a service center, but was then being used for deliveries. Many cars, all colors. If they are still using that for delivery, maybe take a look there.

Attachments

• bellevue1.jpg
    bellevue1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 550
Thanks brianman. Gives me some confirmation that the brown Model S is still pretty rare around here. Wish I could have made it to the Get Together. Looks like it was a good time. Hopefully I'll add mine to the numbers at the next one. :wink:

Puyallup Bill, that has to be one of the most compelling pictures of the brown I've seen. I agree about a few of the colors looking black out of the light. I've seen a couple of pics where even the brown seems dark enough to be black. When we went to the showroom, I said brown and my wife said green. We both agreed that the blue was nice. However, after seeing your picture there's probably going to be another brown Model S joining the ranks in the Puget sound. :biggrin:

There are some very good pictures of a brown Model S at the Tesla Motors web site in the events Gallery.
Tesla Events
Go to the Get Amped tour of August 11, 2012 and you will see a number of picture of my test drive.
The brown that I drove that day looks spectacular in the bright sunshine.
Blue and Green were there along with black and you had to look hard to tell the difference.
You can tell from my avatar i'm going for brown.

I've narrowed down my color choice to either blue or brown. I'm taking a second test drive at Bellevue Square tomorrow night and will more than likely put in my reservation for my 85kw Model S. I've seen few blue in the area, but haven't actually seen a brown in person. Anyone else have to make a tough choice between two colors and if so, how did you choose? Has anyone seen a brown in the Seattle/Eastside/South King County area? If you are in this area and have brown, I'd love to have a quick look. :smile:
There can be no question...Brown! My problem with the blue/green colors are that they can look black in all but the brightest light. Oh, and of course, I have a brown beauty and love it!
WLHip_121221_020.jpg

There can be no question...Brown! My problem with the blue/green colors are that they can look black in all but the brightest light. Oh, and of course, I have a brown beauty and love it!

Mine looks black at night. But the rest of the time, it looks like chocolate. At least people are drooling for a good reason. Wait. Drooling over a Model S is its own good reason.

009sm.JPG

I ordered a brown 85 P+ with grey wheels without seeing a brown Tesla in person. The Houston store finally received one last Saturday. It exceeded my expectations. Blue was my second choice. Multi Red is spectacular, but I have owned a great many red cars including the red Volt that I am keeping.

I would never in a million years consider a brown car, but the Model S in brown is beautiful. I was torn as well but went with blue and absolutely love it. If I had gone with the brown I'm sure I'd love that as well. It's a Tesla, there are no bad choices...but brown would definitely be less "common".

I have brown, and park near a blue S every day at work -- they're both good colors but inside a parking garage it is close to black. For awhile some co-workers thought he had a black car (even one who had ridden in it), and similarly some thought we had 3 S' in the garage because they were counting the blue one twice, one an black one as blue...

the brown is more rare, but I see others on a fairly regular basis in my area -- 1 goes to the same grocery store as me that I've parked by a few times, someone has one in a neighboring building at work too.

also, took mine to park place for a hand wash and wax a couple weeks ago, back to looking like new and still does 2 weeks later, very nice when its all cleaned up.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and photos. They were extremely helpful. I pulled the trigger last night after another test drive. I have my reservation in for my brown 85kw(non perf), tech, pano, air, black leather, and 19's. On a side note, my wife has started asking when she can get her Model X. :eek:

image.jpg