Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Q3 2014?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X is a car with very high technical contents. In particular ESC has to be integrated with AWD. It's not simple. Then there are some devices which will be developed in particular for Model X: remote control for anti-ice on falcon wing doors, sensors to avoid the falcon wing doors crash against obstacle while opening. And there are some options which are being developed both for Model S and Model X (ACC, blind spot, etc). So I wouldn't be surprised if Model X production started end 2014. Good things need time to come out.

Granted but the web still says early 2014 for 'deliveries'. Again just observing but these things will kill momentum stone dead. Yes within itself Tesla (I am a fan BTW) is monumental success, to itself.
I saw zero Tesla cars in LA recently, and early adoption is a huge factor I feel.

Dan43 UK

@Dan43

Of course we would like to have the Model X ready as soon as possible, and an early start of Model X production would be very welcome. I think we should let Tesla work. They are doing a great work with Model S production overtaking the foreseen numbers of sale. In my opinion the same thing will happen for Model X.
But as I mentioned above we must remember that Model X has a higher technical content with respect to Model S because of AWD and falcon wing doors. So be patient :)

@Raffy.Roma
Lets see. Its just another car, albeit a tremendous shot in the arm one. Like a house everyone will be buying them for the next few lifetimes. Other electric cars will come and go, bigger manufacturers will build their own, we will watch and decide. It is our decision to some degree where we spend our money if we earn enough of it.
Tesla has an upper hand, for now.
Dan43 UK