Thread: Westar Energy exec likes the MS

Westar Energy exec likes the MS

http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/e...s-model-s.html

I like this quote:
    The duo had so much fun that they missed their flight back to Kansas. Their response? “Worth it.”

Nice piece. Thanks for posting.

Not familiar with the company, but a nice article nonetheless (albeit a bit brief).
    P85+| Arrest-me Red/ Tan Leather Seats | Carbon Fiber Trim | 21" Grey Turbine | Parking Sensors | Sub-zero | Pano | UHFSS | Twin Chargers + HPWC | Extended Nappa | Fog Lights | Spoiler | Red Calipers | Premium Lighting | Ordered + Confirmed: 2/13/2014 | VIN: 35668 (2/24/2014) | Production: April 11-17 | Delivery: May 2, 2014!

With a few more experiences like this, hopefully, we'll get more charging stations around the Wichita area. plugshare.com shows that Wichita is pretty much a charging wasteland. Only six within the city limits right now. Westar has brought electric cars (usually a Volt) to public events around town, so they're not totally in the dark about electrification of transportation. Westar, which is the electricity provider in the Wichita area, is nice enough to offer public charging at their offices. They have 2 offices within Wichita, and within 40 miles of Wichita, they have another 3 sites with free public charging. It is pretty cool that the electric utility provides free charging for the public.

I'm really starting to pay attention to availability of charging infrastructure now that I have a Leaf on order. It's not a critical issue to have charging around town since for my daily driving, even with the limited range on a Leaf, I should be fine. It would be great to have some additional chargers available for the odd days that I come close to the range on the Leaf. The only normal driving I do that would be at the outer range of the Leaf is a trip to my brother's place or my parents' place. Neither of these towns have existing charging, or charging options available on the road between my house and theirs. That means I'll probably upgrade the Leaf's included EVSE to 240V and get 240V outlets installed in each of their garages for a top off while I visit. Once an prices come down on EVs with about 150 mile range, I can make both those trips without needing to drive 55 mph (or slower) to make the round trip.

Quote Originally Posted by swaltner View Post
    It is pretty cool that the electric utility provides free charging for the public.
    I can't help but be reminded of the drug dealers who offer "free samples", knowing that you'll be coming back, cash in hand, the next time you need a fix.

And yes, I am a cynical bastard.
    P85+| Arrest-me Red/ Tan Leather Seats | Carbon Fiber Trim | 21" Grey Turbine | Parking Sensors | Sub-zero | Pano | UHFSS | Twin Chargers + HPWC | Extended Nappa | Fog Lights | Spoiler | Red Calipers | Premium Lighting | Ordered + Confirmed: 2/13/2014 | VIN: 35668 (2/24/2014) | Production: April 11-17 | Delivery: May 2, 2014!

I didn't want to start a new thread for just this, so this seemed to be the most appropriate thread to add this article I just found. Kinda against the green agenda?

http://grist.org/news/blame-canada-greedy-for-oil-money-the-country-is-turning-into-a-rogue-petrostate/?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=outbrain-trending

Banned
    Great article--I have a feeling the COO will be ordering one soon

Thread Information