Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nebraska owners of Model S ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am new to this forum and am expecting my red p85 June 27th. I, like everyone here, am very excited about this revolutionary car. Just wanted to know the other MS owners in Nebraska.
icon7.gif

A big husker hello!

I live in Milford (17 miles west of Lincoln) and own a pearl white P85. I know of one MS in Lincoln and one Roadster. I got mine late February and have put on about 6700 miles and love it.

Wonderful to hear from you and thank you! I saw your car once heading north on 84th between A and O couple of weeks ago. That car was irresistible.

Yes, let's do something for fun. we can help promote EV in general and Tesla in particular.

Front bracket for license plate

Wonderful to hear from you and thank you! I saw your car once heading north on 84th between A and O couple of weeks ago. That car was irresistible.

Yes, let's do something for fun. we can help promote EV in general and Tesla in particular.

Finally got the certificate of origin from tesla, registered the car today. Paid the sales tax, property tax, plus $75 dollars penalty for not having an engine that burns fuel! :scared:!

The problem is that my car came with a rear bracket only. No front bracket for the other plate. The state of Nebraska requires two plates. How did you guys do it?

Appreciate all ideas/advices.

ZH

Thanks, jerry. i just looked as you suggested and found the naked bracket in the rear well. No "TESLA" logo, no chrome frame. Just black plastic. No wonder it is still in the well of your car. It will remain in the well in my car, too.

ZH

Thanks Vexar. I'll try to put the front plate on once I receive the chrome plate cover with TESLA logo. Chicago service center is sending me one. (Joe at Chicago svc ctr is awesome!)

To Jerry. I prefer not to put it on, but I get nurveous when I see a cop on the road. Maybe I'm just too chicken?

I prefer not to put it on, but I get nurveous when I see a cop on the road. Maybe I'm just too chicken?

The thing to do is when you are at a stop light, look to see how many cars in the opposite direction have front plates (particularly the nicer cars). If you don't see any, then it's a risk. If you see a few then the risk is low. Here I sometimes see as many as 20% with no front plates--even though technically you're supposed to have them.

Nebraska Tesla Club Forming

To dzhowe and all other Nebraska (and Western Iowa) Tesla owners. A Nebraska Tesla Club is forming and this is an open invitation for all to join. We are just looking to occasionally get together socially and share stories and helpful hints about our Teslas, EVs or whatever the group feels appropriate. We hope all area Tesla owners will join. If you know of other owners be sure to send them an invitation too. We look forward to meeting other early adopters. We are the early formative stages (an email went out to some owners this morning and we are now up to 7) but would like our first get together to be sometime in the next few weeks.

To get added to the email distribution list (i.e. join the club) please send jjs a private message and I will respond with contact information and detail next steps.

Best regards,

jjs

I live in Okoboji IA .... picking up a red P85 in June. I'll have a HPWC at my house near The Inn, at Lake Okoboji ... if you're coming up from Nebraska and need some juice, feel free to email me. Go Big Red. Dave

Hi Jerry - I talked with you when you were in Lincoln, and you gave my friend Don, a ride. Just wanted to say thank you for the courtesy you showed him. He was grinning all of the way home and couldn't stop talking about how great your car is. Thanks, again. Dave

- - - Updated - - -

New sighting !

I was driving close to whole foods in Omaha yesterday and saw a red ms driving south. I wanted to give him a wave, but he was on the opposite side of a divided road. Looked like he got black wheels.

Any other sightings?

I'm wondering if the new Omaha service center will also have a (Super) charging station with it. Any news on that?