Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Next San Diego EVent, Sunday July 7, 2013, 4pm-8pm, San Juan Capistrano

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Next San Diego EVent will be in San Juan Capistrano at:

Sunday, July 7, 2013 @ 4pm-8pm catered light food with drinks!!!

Register here:

bc2bc-party-sjc.eventbrite.com

Venue change:

Surfing Cowboy (one mile south of Residence Inn)
34235 Doheny Park Road
Capistrano Beach CA 92624

The good news for LEAF drivers is that the destination has a Fuji CHAdeMO (ChargePoint) charger waiting at nearby Residence Inn.

This EVent is in support of the BC2BC-2013 All Electric Vehicle Rally, June 29 2013, as the rally cars will be arriving from Canada on the last leg of their 1500 mile journey.

In conjunction with Orange County Tesla Club meeting

Last edited:
you might be right next to future Tesla Superchargers by July 7... lets see when the construction makes it down to Orange County from Oxnard (my guess: next week)

Would hope construction is finished by then, if Tesla's statement that they would triple the number of supercharger stations by the end of the month is going to be true. Has anyone looked for any signs of construction in San Juan Capistrano?

It sounds like the same crew is traveling south - constructing the new CA superchargers --- Buelton first and now Atascadero are done (waiting activation) and then Oxnard this week hopefully, and SJC next week ????

And 78 miles to the border! Ack - that's gonna be a long day :)

Me and my bug-spattered Roadster (car 45) are going to be there, even if it won't be for the full event. Besides reaching the actual finish, I also need to reach my hotel and get a charge that night.

And 78 miles to the border! Ack - that's gonna be a long day :)

Me and my bug-spattered Roadster (car 45) are going to be there, even if it won't be for the full event. Besides reaching the actual finish, I also need to reach my hotel and get a charge that night.

All the rally cars at the event get free time, including at the hotel nearby (rooms have been reserved). You don't need to have gone to the border yet!!! If you can't make it, we will send out a posse with a Model S to get you, wherever your car is charging.

Tony

- - - Updated - - -

NEW VENUE !!!

This EVent will be the final party of the BC2BC-2013 www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org as the rally cars will be arriving from Canada on the last leg of their 1500 mile, 9 day journey.

Please register here:

http://bc2bc-party-sjc.eventbrite.com

Surfin Cowboy

34235 Doheny Park Road

Capistrano Beach CA 92624

www.thesurfincowboy.com

949-272-5957 (David is the manager)

4-8pm, Sunday, July 7, 2013

Expect to park across the street (Doheny Park Road), to the southeast on the corner of Domingo Ave. There is not enough room for the amount of cars I expect on the restaurant / bar side of the street. The dirt parking area and adjoining paved parking is part of the gigantic church that is there across the street, and we will be able to keep all the cars together.

I have invited the Tesla Club of Orange County, who will be attending as part of their regular monthly meeting. Naturally, the Los Angeles and San Diego Tesla Clubs have been invited. Of course, all the local LEAF drivers have been invited, as well as other models, and finally, our EV industry friends who are always invited that help make EV's possible.

The BC2BC-2013 First Place overall winner will hopefully be crowned at this event. The top finishing Tesla Model S driver will receive an $869 value Teslaccessories Center Console Insert. We will have this at the event to try out in YOUR Tesla Model S. Currently, as I write this in Santa Rosa, California at the beginning of Stage 3, the number 43 Tesla Model S team of Jack Bowers and Georg Kuhnke are in first place of the 9 entries this year.

This EVent is sponsored by EVoasis. If you need a room for the night (particularly for our tired and potentially alcohol saturated rally participants), I can recommend nearby:

Residence Inn hotel
33711 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949) 443-3600

The good news for Nissan LEAF and Mitsubishi iMiev drivers is that this hotel has a Fuji CHAdeMO (ChargePoint card) DC quick charger waiting. For others, there isn't much nearby charging except a Nissan dealer across the street with J1772 30 amp service. I do not expect the Tesla Supercharger station to be operational by Sunday, but they are UP AND RUNNING in Hawthorne, Buellton, Atascadero and Gilroy up the 101 freeway from San Francisco.

This will be a big one, so bring a smile!!

Tony Williams

Next San Diego EVent Organizer

BC2BC All Electric Vehicle Rally Organizer and Participant (car #1)

858-245-8217

reply to: [email protected]

www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org

www.Facebook.com/groups/AllElectricVehicleRally

Twitter:

@BC2BCbyEV #WCEH #BC2BC

@QCpower

BC2BCtrophy.jpg

null-6-1.jpg

image-2-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

Photo courtesy of Washington state DOT:
BC2BCrandyTaylorLaunch.jpg

BC2BCericDamronSTS.jpg

Is there no party at the finish line?

It's not exactly the kind of place that I want to hang out at!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I see this topic I think, oh, a San Diego event, and then I see that it is not even in San Diego County let alone San Diego. Kinda misleading.

This is EXACTLY the first time in almost three years that the San Diego EVent has been outside of San Diego county. Since we are having folks from all over at the event (our rally drivers are from British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Florida and California) and with clubs in Orange and LA county, this is the location picked.

It's only about 15 miles north of the San Diego county line. We absolutely will be meeting again in San Diego county next time!!!

Thanks Tony for setting this up. Had a nice chat with some folks while there.

You're very welcome. It looks like a lot of folks showed up. The team of Georg Kuhnke and Jack Bowers in Jack's Signature Model S won the BC2BC-2013 All Electric Vehicle Rally, 1500 miles from Canada to Mexico, with a perfect score. They had both the quickest time and the best poker hand, creating a score of 1/1.

They were awarded a trophy and the Teslaccessories Center Console Insert.

In second was the ZERO motorcycle of Terry Hershner, and third was the Model S of Randy and Cheryl Taylor.