Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My new wheels are on! Opinions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally received my Model S and the wheels went right on. Let me know what you think... I've considered powder coating them in either silver, or a gloss. Or should I leave them as Matte? I went with Ace wheels which was great through the process. I have 22" Ace Mesh 7 wheels. Sitting on 275/30 in the rear and 255/30 in the front. Wheels are 9" width with a 35 offset.

9006850961_3161b89fda_c.jpg

9006807137_01bc26993f_c.jpg

+1

Both are 9" front and rear?

Hows the ride? Can you compare with factory?

Looks like the rear is a nice fit reducing the "gap" great call!

Any rubbing? Lock to lock on front rubbing?

Cost wheel and tire please???

Great call on wheel/tire package!!!!

I was looking up tires 275-30/22 and tirerack and americas tire did not have any. Is that the correct size? Is the diameter close to factory as far as speedometer calibration? I might be gettign a second model s and love your setup. Just want to make sure the tire costs are prohibitive. Thanks
john

The wheels took just about an hour and a half or so to install. Cost on the wheels is about $1,400 and about $1,200 for the tires. Total package is just under 3K. Both front and rear wheels are 9", although the rear tires are 275's, as opposed to 255's up front. The Nitto Invo's are pretty quite for how low profile they are, and they are not directional so they can be rotated side to side. Handling is great, they stick well. No rubbing at all, even with the suspension lowered down. Ride quality did go down some which is expected going into a low profile from the thicker stock tires. Car is still quite, but you do feel a little bit more of the road. Overall I am happy with it. I sacrifice a little ride for the looks. It's not much.