Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My new wheels are on! Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by dsterdee View Post
    Thanks everyone. The wheels are I ordered are 22", 9" width. 5X120 bolt pattern and 35 offset.

- - - Updated - - -

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

The manager of Ace wheels confirmed a group deal for us. Anyone that wants new ACE wheels (any model) for there Tesla, contact me. If we have a group of 5, he will give us 40% off! If you then send good quality pictures that they can use, he will give another 10% kick back of the price you paid. If people are interested, let me know. I get nothing for this, it's only to help other Tesla owners out.
    I'm interested. Send me final pricing for the wheels when you get the info or who I should contact for pricing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Logan,
    Awesome wheels... Nice look.
    4288 85KW Silver P85 21s Delivered 2/6/13. 14694 Red P85+ 7/20 delivery.
    White S85 1820 delivered 9/2/12 (accident damage 12/12). Replacement White/Tan S85 delivered 3/5/14
    Red P+ traded in for a temporary ICE while I await January delivery of a Red PD

Quote Originally Posted by yobigd20 View Post
    but you have to admit that there are many people now complaining about blowing out there 21s and cracking their rims. I mean basically then you're calling Tesla's stock 21s defective and their rim's garbage. ...
    I was thinking of starting a thread to track all the blowouts and rims cracked as there have been so many already.
    This must be in some of the more technical posts where my eyes glaze over, or the non-English posts. I keep up with the forum via "New Posts" more than I should, and I recall very few of these occurrences. In fact, if there have been more than 2 reported on the forum that's surprising to me.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    This must be in some of the more technical posts where my eyes glaze over, or the non-English posts. I keep up with the forum via "New Posts" more than I should, and I recall very few of these occurrences. In fact, if there have been more than 2 reported on the forum that's surprising to me.
    yes I usually find them dug around deep in threads as opposed to new ones. There have been WAY more than 2. I guess I'll start compiling that list with links to their original posts , names, and dates...
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (05/13/14): 48,000mi, Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermkt: XPEL | 40/20% Tint | Lighted T | 19" Tsportline TST Grey Turbines | 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3

LOL so I scanned the threads real fast for the posts that I've seen and I have a running list of 15 blowouts (some with rims destroyed too) and other 5 instances of cracked rims , so 20 instances so far. That's just from posts on TMC. I haven't included ones I've seen from owners on facebook, but I'm not sure how many of those would be duplicates if they are on TMC too. hard to link the accounts. I'll post this list up soon in a new thread (I have links to all their posts too for verification), maybe later tonight. considering that this is only from TMC M.S. members too, that's only fraction of all M.S. owners.
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (05/13/14): 48,000mi, Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermkt: XPEL | 40/20% Tint | Lighted T | 19" Tsportline TST Grey Turbines | 255/45ZR19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3

Quote Originally Posted by lolachampcar View Post
    Logan,
    Awesome wheels... Nice look.

Appreciate the comment, though that isn't my car! However, I have those same wheels on order (~6 weeks out). They are the HRE P40SC. I absolutely love HRE and highly suggest them to anyone considering replacing their wheels. They are pricey, ($7k+ depending on where you order from), but they are well worth the cost.
    P9935 - 85kWh Performance white/tan fully loaded w/ grey wheels
    G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, GT-R, Challenger SRT8

Quote Originally Posted by dsterdee View Post
    Thanks everyone. The wheels are I ordered are 22", 9" width. 5X120 bolt pattern and 35 offset.

- - - Updated - - -

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

The manager of Ace wheels confirmed a group deal for us. Anyone that wants new ACE wheels (any model) for there Tesla, contact me. If we have a group of 5, he will give us 40% off! If you then send good quality pictures that they can use, he will give another 10% kick back of the price you paid. If people are interested, let me know. I get nothing for this, it's only to help other Tesla owners out.
    Can you ask them if I can be included in the group buy but for the 19", except I have a kia optima and not a telsa.
    But hey they look good on our cars too

Quote Originally Posted by logan View Post
    Those wheels look great!

That being said, for a similar look I would spring for a set of P40SCs by HRE, one of the best wheel makers in the world.

More here.

Edit:

I'm sorry, but I hate comments like these. There are so many factors that play into ride and wheel quality your comments are simply gross over simplifications.
    Well said Logan.

Thread Information