Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping to get a Roadster soon. The Model S is too big, and the smaller car is too far out to wait.

I've had a Lotus Elise (series 1 with Honda engine transplant) for 10 years, I gave Martin Eberhard a ride in it in 2004 or so when he was deciding whether to base the Roadster on the Elise. I got a ride in the T-Zero pre-prototype then as well. I know several people who worked at Tesla, visited the factory a few times but didn't have the money for a new Roadster.

A few years ago we got 10KW of Solar power.

Two years ago we got a Nissan Leaf, it's worked out well, but doesn't have enough range for trips from Los Gatos to SF and back. We have enough spare solar power for a second car.

So now I'm looking at the second hand early model Roadsters, and the price is plausible. I've joined the forum to research early cars history and tips on keeping them going.

Hey, Adrian!

Good to see you here - I'm still missing the good old days at Sun...

I just took delivery of a Certified Pre-Owned Roadster, and I have no regrets whatsoever. Well, just one regret - that I couldn't afford to get one in 2009.

cheers...

Curt Harpold

From what I hear, Tesla only accepted Roadsters with completely clean records for the CPO program.

I haven't gotten together with John yet, but he already knows that he will be suffering from Torque Envy!

cheers...

......curt