Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Owner Age

What's your age?

• < 25

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 76 10.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 106 14.5%
  • 36-40

Votes: 141 19.3%
  • 41-45

Votes: 133 18.2%
  • 46-50

Votes: 82 11.2%
  • 51-55

Votes: 52 7.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • 61-65

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • 66 & +

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, this poll has too much inherent bias to be relevant. Because communicating through a discussion forum online selects a little for a younger crowd to begin with I suspect. Though I can be and have been wrong before.

yea unfortunately this poll is probably skewed more towards the younger side as we kinda grew up these technologies forums internet chat etc. its kinda hard to extrapolate any real data from it. if you're too young, you probably can't afford a $100k car yet unless you were born into wealth or making loads in the tech sector right out of college (or perhaps a genius that even skipped college). if you're too old you might know about Tesla but not know what an internet forum even is (no offense, but my parents and all my friends parents and pretty much everyone I know in the 50+ age is technically illiterate, but that's just my family and friends). however, i would guess the actual avg age is way over 40 or 50 just due to the fact of how expensive the car is. i dunno. even I'm just pulling numbers out of my arse so really the only thing this poll is going to show is the average age of a TMC member LOL

youbigd, you hit the nail on the head.
All answers to this question and any others regarding demographics are as accurate as our login details.
If OP was able to poll the credit card companies we used to plunk down our deposit (or contact the person who leaked NSA stuff) ... different story ... or Bank of America ... you get my drift.
Fwiw, I am over 21, under 80. Help? :)

I started a thread on this is the main Tesla Motors forum, and with 405 entries, the average age of all Model S owners that replied was/is 48.1.

And, contrary to some of the commentary here, there was a wide range of ages, from 20's to 80's...In general I might agree that forum use would tend to skew younger...But a lot of the people who have been following Tesla have an greater-than-average appreciation for technology, and are probably more than just a little bit "computer literate," regardless of their age. Keep in mind, most of the early Model S reservations/orders happened on a computer/online. If there was any way to actually verify the average age, I think hi-40s/low-50s is a fairly accurate assessment.

Here's a link to the thread, for those interested:
Average age of a Tesla Model S owner? | Forums | Tesla Motors

Lower 30's here. Got my dream car thing out of the way before my mid-life crisis. First of my friends and immediate coworkers to get one. Some think I'm crazy. Some think I'm some kind of idol now. All I can say is that more people ask me to go lunch with them now. :)

Last edited: