Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Gen 3: "A strong family resemblance [to the Model S]"

I've never understood the front end design of the Model S. The scowling, frowning, black nose cone which serves no purpose. It looks even worse in the upcoming Model X, and I fear it's gonna be as ugly in the Gen III.

I so wish they just punted on the whole black nosecone thing altogether, and went without anything -- shave off the 'stache, as it were, and go Studebaker Avanti / Chevy Corvette-style.

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    Quote Originally Posted by Premium View Post
    Attachment 39034
    This, with AWD and perhaps raised a bit (or affordable air suspension), I'd buy in a heartbeat!
    That's pretty cool, imho. I like what he did with it. The front keeps the crash area and hopefully frunk, the back still has a bit of storage but isn't much. Good way to trim overall size without changing the passenger compartment much.
    Last edited by Jason S; 12-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    That's pretty cool, imho. I like what he did with it. The front keeps the crash area and hopefully frunk, the back still has a bit of storage but isn't much. Good way to trim overall size without changing the passenger compartment much.
    Too much like the Model S. If Tesla is going to continue with their success they need to be able to design more than one look.

I doubt there will be a short hatch, as attractive as that may be, and the GatorEight sketch captures the porportions of what we’re likely to see. I just hope to not see the jowls which are showing up on new ICE designs (I guess because the species is getting a little long in the tooth).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gwgan, like Model X, is almost a wagon. MX Res 8,690.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwgan View Post
    I doubt there will be a short hatch, as attractive as that may be, and the GatorEight sketch captures the porportions of what we’re likely to see. I just hope to not see the jowls which are showing up on new ICE designs (I guess because the species is getting a little long in the tooth).
    My understanding is that those have to do with pedestrian safety protection--I've always thought of them as somewhat Cylon-inspired. I think they are designed to make sure the pedestrian does not submarine under the bumper.

The MS doesn't really have them, which I suppose could have something to do with the lack of powertrain hardpoints under the "hood"/frunk cover (though note that the recent Porsche designs have them, too).

Name:  2013-porsche-boxster-s-photo-445894-s-1280x782.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  114.0 KB

Thread Information