Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revenge of the Electric Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd imagine that it would focus on GM, since he focused on GM in his last film. Maybe they'll coincide the release of the movie with the release of the Volt? You know, to make GM look good.

If they do that, it would disappointing, as I would prefer if Paine waited longer so he could document a little bit beyond just the car's development. If they release of both the car and the movie coincide, it would seem really cheesey.

However, if the point of the film is to raise EV awareness, I don't see a better way of releasing a car than releasing a whole movie along with it too. That's the ultimate press release.:biggrin:

Another topic: Does anyone know if someone is writing a book about the developing EV industry? Kinda like "The Car That Could" ? That would be really awesome.

Last edited:
I'd imagine that it would focus on GM, since he focused on GM in his last film. ......
Another topic: Does anyone know if someone is writing a book about the developing EV industry? Kinda like "The Car That Could" ? That would be really awesome.

I remember from "Who killed the electric car?" RAV4-EV's, Th!nk City's, Honda EV-Plus' being shredded, and lots of good interviews that had nothing to do with the EV1. Yes the EV1 was the best and sexiest EV in the movie, just like real life. I don't understand why everyone thinks this means the movie was EV1 centric.

Here is a book about the developing EV industry by Scott Cronk. It actually is a bunch of short essays. I particularly liked the essay by the late Paul McCready, founder of AeroEnvironment.

Amazon.com: Building the E-Motive Industry: Essays and Conversations About Strategies for Creating an Electric Vehicle Industry: Scott A. Cronk: Books

GSP

Revenge of the Electric Car Trailer Ready For Prime Time

I'm happy to report that our official movie trailer is ready to be released but there is a catch. We are trying to get to 10,000 facebook fans before we release it. We need you to "Like" us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/revengeoftheelectriccar

In other related movie news, we've recently submitted to both the Sundance and the Berlin Film Festivals. The film is almost finished and still on schedule for a Spring 2011 release.

Please help spread the word on our 10K Facebook Fans Campaign. We're excited to show you the trailer - it looks great!

Stefano Durdic
Executive Producer
Revenge of the Electric Car

Last edited:
Not sure about general release date.

By the way:

David Duchovny takes revenge
...Of all 4 screenings, we are most looking forward to the second screening, which will have a panel discussion after the film. Panel members include director Chris Paine and several stars from the film: Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist for the Wall Street Journal, Dan Neil, Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk, and Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn. And we are absolutely thrilled that Golden Globe winner David Duchovny has come on board as the panel moderator...

poster_small.jpg

120 a barrel is great publicity!

Duchovny drives a Porsche with a broken headlight, right?

That panel should be interesting. Would be nice if it's recorded and made available online somewhere. Hopefully Elon has buried the hatchet with Dan Neil over that negative Model S review. (The New Yorker suggested Elon called Dan Neil a "douche bag".) It was premature to have a journalist drive that show car anyhow. This movie will be good publicity for the Leaf and the Model S. Too bad only one will be available for purchase at the time of the premier. At least it should boost Model S reservation numbers.