Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calgary is getting a service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My faith in Tesla has been well placed. The lack of service centre and the challenge of driving from Calgary to Vancouver were part of the cons list during my purchase analysis. They've now addressed both of my concerns with the SC plans and the service centre. Tesla FTW! Thanks for the post clea.

The Vancouver technician told me last month they are hoping by Summer 2014 to have the YYC service center. Will be nice, but I worry.... will our eventual superchargers just get crowded with all the expected increase in local Model S sales ?? :))
Love this car !!!

Recently had a ranger come by to fix a minor issue on the rear facing seats. The opinion was that the service centre would be open before the end of the year. In regards to the superchargers, I could see them getting busy on the weekends of the summer months as people travel between Calgary and Kelowna/Vancouver. First world problem to be sure.

I'm assuming you're meaning "SC" to be Service Centre, not SuperCharger - Red Deer's supposed to get a SuperCharger in ~2015 which is a ways off. A tech came out to do some warranty work on my car back in May, he stated that they were aiming to have a service centre open in Calgary by the end of the year. Apparently at that time Edmonton had more Model S' than Calgary did so we had a bit of a chuckle about their choice of initial location. To avoid Calgary/Edmonton flamewars, the Calgary area has many more Model S' and Roadsters than the Edmonton area.

Yeah, sorry. I thought, given the title of the thread, that SC was being used to represent service center. I can understand the confusion though.

Personally, I don't care where they end up putting the service center. Unless it's in Newfoundland, it's probably going to be closer than any of the existing ones.

i dont think super chargers will be crowded at all, my power costs 8¢/kWH, it costs like nothing to charge the battery from dead. Superchargers are going to be used only for people traveling with Model S's which probably wont happen very often.

I know you would only use a Supercharger when necessary, AC1K, but some people become irrational once they see the word "free." For instance, Information Technology professionals are generally well paid, but you see tons of them embarrassing themselves for the chance to get a free t-shirt at trade shows. I would prefer to see a reasonable yearly limit put on free Supercharging, at least for ones in urban areas.

Anyway, nice to Tesla expanding in Canada. If only Alberta or Federal governments would jump on the EV bandwagon.