Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Option for showing if you're a paying supporter of TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before supporting TMC or any particular endeavor, I would like to know something about its financial character. For example, whether it's being run as a for-profit venture (and if so, for whose profit and what guidelines they follow) or if it's a non-profit idea. I know nothing about TMC, so I'd be a little hesitant to simply send money out into the ether at this moment.

Before supporting TMC or any particular endeavor, I would like to know something about its financial character. For example, whether it's being run as a for-profit venture (and if so, for whose profit and what guidelines they follow) or if it's a non-profit idea. I know nothing about TMC, so I'd be a little hesitant to simply send money out into the ether at this moment.

I agree that some sort of disclosure statement would be worthwhile for those wanting to make a donation. I simply pitched in because I like the community and discussions here. Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest, just making a suggestion....:-(

Please elaborate. Not sure if I understand what you're saying.

User names of $$upporters would appear in red on their posts (instead of everybody in blue like they are now). I stole the idea from mynissanleaf.com to whom I did not give $$$, but I did to the TMC! Btw, I don't think it's a necessary change, but a reasonable one if they decided to do it. ML

User names of $$upporters would appear in red on their posts (instead of everybody in blue like they are now). I stole the idea from mynissanleaf.com to whom I did not give $$$, but I did to the TMC! Btw, I don't think it's a necessary change, but a reasonable one if they decided to do it. ML

How does one go about becoming a paying member?

I agree that some sort of disclosure statement would be worthwhile for those wanting to make a donation. I simply pitched in because I like the community and discussions here. Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest, just making a suggestion....:-(

No hornet's nest intended. :)

I'm a strong supporter of entrepreneurs and underdogs: I bought a Tesla Roadster, I bought Soflauthor's CCI, and I'm a happily paying member of several websites that are trying to make a profit from their discussion fora. All I meant to say was that I like to know what I'm doing, or being asked to do, with more data and more context than some other people. I'd like to know if TMC is for-profit or not-for-profit, and what they plan to do with the funds, and so on. I'm 99% likely to support them once I know more, because I do love and appreciate this community -- especially the mods who are awesome -- but right now I'd like to know a little more before I commit to doing so. That's all I meant to say.

No hornet's nest intended. :)

I'm a strong supporter of entrepreneurs and underdogs: I bought a Tesla Roadster, I bought Soflauthor's CCI, and I'm a happily paying member of several websites that are trying to make a profit from their discussion fora. All I meant to say was that I like to know what I'm doing, or being asked to do, with more data and more context than some other people. I'd like to know if TMC is for-profit or not-for-profit, and what they plan to do with the funds, and so on. I'm 99% likely to support them once I know more, because I do love and appreciate this community -- especially the mods who are awesome -- but right now I'd like to know a little more before I commit to doing so. That's all I meant to say.

Rodolfo - Sites don't run for free. :) ...It takes dollars to host, upgrade & human glue to keep the whole thing going. No one is making big bucks off the donations. (And certainly not the mods!)