Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Carolina and Wall Street Journal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a post on the Tesla Motors forum:

Hey folks - I am looking to talk to a Tesla Model S owner or future owner from NC or SC or a close by state who has a stake in the Tesla/NC situation.
I'm a reporter with The Wall Street Journal. Please contact me at [email protected] and I want to write a story about Elon vs. The Guys in Plaid.

If anyone is an owner, or future owner, please get in touch with him!

I replied as a probable future owner who lives in South Carolina and was thinking of moving to North Carolina but no longer have an interest in that thanks to all this recent rubbish coming from the state. Fun fact: I was born in North Carolina (but that's irrelevant).

I think North Carolina might be the straw that breaks the camel's back in terms of instigating a federal suit. From the sound of it, the NC law borders on interference with interstate commerce, if not flagrantly violates it. If I were Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina or Georgia, I would pass some pro mfr-direct legislation to entice Tesla to open a store in that state, if the dealer lobbies haven't already opened their briefcases full of Benjamins to the legislators.