Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right front passenger door wouldn't open -- fixed itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturday morning I noticed that the right front passenger door wouldn't open (all handles were extended). I could open it from the inside (since that is mechanical).

We drove around 20 miles to our destination, and then I noticed the door started working again normally.

It must be a software glitch...anyone else encounter this?

Yesterday, the driver door on my car wouldn't open at first. Tugging the handle had no effect. After a couple of tries, I tried the rear driver side door and it opened fine, then went back to the driver door and it opened.

I *think* I might have done something unusual when I walked up to it, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention at the moment it happened so I can't say for sure. Maybe I touched it but took my hand off before pulling or something.

I think sometimes the software gets busy for a bit, so the car won't react to the door handle. Moments later, it will.

Several times I've gone to tug on the handle only to find that nothing happens. I wait another 10 or 20 seconds, try again, and the door will open.

Must be a software issue.

I think sometimes the software gets busy for a bit, so the car won't react to the door handle. Moments later, it will.

Several times I've gone to tug on the handle only to find that nothing happens. I wait another 10 or 20 seconds, try again, and the door will open.

Must be a software issue.

I thought the same thing...but it was specifically just this one door. All other doors opened (from the outside). No amount of waiting, closing/opening (extending handles or opening/closing the door from the inside) would allow me to open the "bad" door from the outside. Only after driving for 30 minutes...did it go back to normal.

NOTE: I did NOT reboot anything in the car -- I'm not sure it would have mattered.