Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Richmond, Virginia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@scaesare: Speculation. In order to serve both those will be going to Raleigh NC/Atlanta (down I-85, where Tesla has planned Supercharger installations to be active by winter 2013) and also those going to VA Beach/Outer Banks area, the Supercharger needs to be on I-95 north of the I-295 junction. The I-95 MM 104 exit has several large truck stops and other infrastructure that would accommodate a Tesla Supercharger station. Just my speculation as a Virginia Tesla owner who is looking forward to the installation!

@scaesare: Speculation. In order to serve both those will be going to Raleigh NC/Atlanta (down I-85, where Tesla has planned Supercharger installations to be active by winter 2013) and also those going to VA Beach/Outer Banks area, the Supercharger needs to be on I-95 north of the I-295 junction. The I-95 MM 104 exit has several large truck stops and other infrastructure that would accommodate a Tesla Supercharger station. Just my speculation as a Virginia Tesla owner who is looking forward to the installation!

Gotcha. I agree that an area a bit North of Richmond proper would be useful.

I keep hoping somebody will have spied actual construction work before I have to head down there in a few weeks...

Well it is supposed to be up and operational by "Fall 2013" (whatever that means!), so one would think they are past the permit stage and into the construction phase!

One would think, but nobody's found evidence of it yet. I've got a trip end of next week from Raleigh to Baltimore / southern PA planned, and unfortunately at this point I can't imagine there's going to be a Supercharger to help me out by then.