Thread: Supercharger in Richmond, Virginia?

Items for Sale

Supercharger in Richmond, Virginia?

Eyeballing the new Supercharger map on the TM web site it appears that Richmond will be the site of one of the new Superchargers added this summer on the Eastern seaboard. Anyone know that for a fact and where it might be?

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    Eyeballing the new Supercharger map on the TM web site it appears that Richmond will be the site of one of the new Superchargers added this summer on the Eastern seaboard. Anyone know that for a fact and where it might be?
    Speculation over here.

I think the Virginia Supercharger will be at MM 104 exit. Plenty of places to put it!

Quote Originally Posted by tjimtjim View Post
    I think the Virginia Supercharger will be at MM 104 exit. Plenty of places to put it!
    Is that based on any direct observation or knowledge, or speculation?
    -sc

85KWh | Metallic Blue | Black Leather | Obeche Gloss | Tech | Pano | Air | 19" Rims | Parcel Shelf | Twin Juicers | HPWC | VIN: xxxx10647

@scaesare: Speculation. In order to serve both those will be going to Raleigh NC/Atlanta (down I-85, where Tesla has planned Supercharger installations to be active by winter 2013) and also those going to VA Beach/Outer Banks area, the Supercharger needs to be on I-95 north of the I-295 junction. The I-95 MM 104 exit has several large truck stops and other infrastructure that would accommodate a Tesla Supercharger station. Just my speculation as a Virginia Tesla owner who is looking forward to the installation!

@scaesare: Speculation. In order to serve both those will be going to Raleigh NC/Atlanta (down I-85, where Tesla has planned Supercharger installations to be active by winter 2013) and also those going to VA Beach/Outer Banks area, the Supercharger needs to be on I-95 north of the I-295 junction. The I-95 MM 104 exit has several large truck stops and other infrastructure that would accommodate a Tesla Supercharger station. Just my speculation as a Virginia Tesla owner who is looking forward to the installation!
    Gotcha. I agree that an area a bit North of Richmond proper would be useful.

I keep hoping somebody will have spied actual construction work before I have to head down there in a few weeks...
    -sc

85KWh | Metallic Blue | Black Leather | Obeche Gloss | Tech | Pano | Air | 19" Rims | Parcel Shelf | Twin Juicers | HPWC | VIN: xxxx10647

Well it is supposed to be up and operational by "Fall 2013" (whatever that means!), so one would think they are past the permit stage and into the construction phase!

Well it is supposed to be up and operational by "Fall 2013" (whatever that means!), so one would think they are past the permit stage and into the construction phase!
    One would think, but nobody's found evidence of it yet. I've got a trip end of next week from Raleigh to Baltimore / southern PA planned, and unfortunately at this point I can't imagine there's going to be a Supercharger to help me out by then.

Well it may not help you, but you are welcome to hit my HPWC. I'm by Fairfax Station, VA and on PlugShare (- Electric Car (EV) Charging Station - PlugShare). HMU if you need some juice!

Thread Information