Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 or 3 welcome chimes on entry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past 10 days, my S greets me when I get in the car with 2 or 3 chimes.

Not the sound you get when clicking Drive without your foot on the pedal, but a lovely chime.

Infrequently, perhaps twice a day; then not for days. Sometimes two chimes, sometimes 3.

No consistency.

No error messages at all.

No pano roof open.

Service center Chicago never heard of it and cannot reproduce it. Anyone else got chimes.

And no, there's not enough wind in the car to set one off. :)

No .. this is before I seat my a$$ in the car. Literally after the door is opened and I am navigating said a$$ into the seat.
Before I think about touching the pedal.

While walking towards your car, say this: "Ok glass, record a video."
Repeat this everyday and we'll hear the chime with you sooner or later. (Just give us your Google+ Link)

*Google Glass Accessory not included.

No .. this is before I seat my a$$ in the car. Literally after the door is opened and I am navigating said a$$ into the seat.

Is your second fob in the car?
Did you touch the "T" to see if there are any messages?
Did rebooting both displays change the behaviour?

This has happened to me a few times; three chimes as I get in the car and before I actually take a seat. I did an experiment where I pressed the fob's top as if locking the car, however with the door open and got the same three chimes.

My best guess is the fob is in your pant's pocket when this is occurring; the act of sitting is causing your pants to tighten against your leg which pushes on the top of the fob erroneously signaling you wish to lock the car. Since the car door is already open, the three chimes are a reminder that the car cannot be locked. Let us know if this is what is occurring.

Reactions: commasign
Nice theory Tommy.

This has happened to me a few times; three chimes as I get in the car and before I actually take a seat. I did an experiment where I pressed the fob's top as if locking the car, however with the door open and got the same three chimes.

My best guess is the fob is in your pant's pocket when this is occurring; the act of sitting is causing your pants to tighten against your leg which pushes on the top of the fob erroneously signaling you wish to lock the car. Since the car door is already open, the three chimes are a reminder that the car cannot be locked. Let us know if this is what is occurring.

I have enough trouble clicking fob by hand with fob in wool shirt pocket, so hard to fathom how tight jeans can do this automatically. Like a$$-dialing 911. LOL. Today's jeans must be really tight!

Back to the 3 gong error signal concept, with 3 = danger. I've twice gotten an endless series in groups of three, not pleasant chimes but more like an alert sound. No indication anywhere of an error message. Killed it by stopping & turning car off & then back on. Suppose I'll have to pull logs to search for reason but that's a long day at the beach. Fob definitely NOT under any pressure ever.
--

For the past 10 days, my S greets me when I get in the car with 2 or 3 chimes.

Not the sound you get when clicking Drive without your foot on the pedal, but a lovely chime.

Infrequently, perhaps twice a day; then not for days. Sometimes two chimes, sometimes 3.

No consistency.

No error messages at all.

No pano roof open.

Service center Chicago never heard of it and cannot reproduce it. Anyone else got chimes.

And no, there's not enough wind in the car to set one off. :)

Hi I have a model 3 and when I leave my phone in my car and lock it via nfc, when I get back to the car it will still be unlocked and when the door opens I hear two chimes indicating the connected Bluetooth device was always within the proximity of the vehicle. Hope this helps.