Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimate of car production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stated today nearly 20000 us cars sold and it would appear cars being delivered within 8 weeks of orders. Also stated that more will be sold in Europe than here. It would seem 21000 way way to low a number. No waiting list yet only 2 month delay from placing order to delivery. How can we reconcile these statements with either 500 cars per week or 21000 a year. I can not something is off. I suspect they are producing more than they let on

Stated today nearly 20000 us cars sold and it would appear cars being delivered within 8 weeks of orders. Also stated that more will be sold in Europe than here. It would seem 21000 way way to low a number. No waiting list yet only 2 month delay from placing order to delivery. How can we reconcile these statements with either 500 cars per week or 21000 a year. I can not something is off. I suspect they are producing more than they let on

Elon said their reservation run-rate (the pace of reservations extrapolated over the next year) was nearly 20k cars in the U.S. This is different than having sold 20k cars in the U.S.

Yep. I definitely think that he's being conservative on the guidance of 21k delivered. I'd rather he surprise to the upside during each earnings call...