Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: June 20th Speculation

June 20th Speculation

Might as well have a thread speculating about the June 20th announcement and the impact on the stock.

For investors it's interesting as June options expire later that week so there's a catalyst. Depending on your point of view the stock is in buy mode right now - or potentially in a bearish trend slowly descending after a significant crash on Wednesday. However, keep in mind this stock shot to $97 and fell back to $85 just recently. It has demonstrated this pattern a few times recently - not that past trends have any meaningful impact on the future.

So, there's certainly some interesting plays here. The news is pretty far off so I suspect a lot of people are in a wait and see mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortSlaver View Post
    Might as well have a thread speculating about the June 20th announcement and the impact on the stock. For investors it's interesting as June options expire later that week so there's a catalyst. Depending on your point of view the stock is in buy mode right now - or potentially in a bearish trend slowly descending after a significant crash on Wednesday. However, keep in mind this stock shot to $97 and fell back to $85 just recently. It has demonstrated this pattern a few times recently - not that past trends have any meaningful impact on the future. So, there's certainly some interesting plays here. The news is pretty far off so I suspect a lot of people are in a wait and see mode.
    My guess. Gen III named and open for signature reservation.

IV is still super high. If the stock hangs out here for a while maybe the volitility will die off. Based on the last couple months I doubt this will happen...

IV at 1. HV above 1. Never seen this before. My guess is, that things slowly melt down or up. A huge move will just increase the volatilities and I didn't think it can go above 1 before. Mathematically, something is wrong.

Yeah it's nuts. I mean, the market pretty much assumes this stock could move either way in a heartbeat - which it has done both ways this week alone.

I'm holding some June Calls I didn't buy at a great price looking at it now. I brought my basis down quite a bit buying some more recently, but still out of pocket quite a bit on them. Which is OK as enough has come back in the last couple months it's risk-taking money meant to be used like this. With that, I don't want to lose it all but I'm hanging onto them.

I feel like the stock is teetering a bit but it hasn't collapsed. There's some support and I'm hoping we see a big bull push. Would be nice if the markets in general would cooperate.

As for the announcement, I have no idea. Initially (if this is the under your nose bit) it seemed like it would be a minor thing. Elon eluded to that it would just be a little fun thing. But at this point he's saying it's something that needs to be in-person.

I don't know if it's Gen 3 related though - although Elon has been sort of coy on Gen 3 lately. I think that's part of the markets sort of sideways action too. People don't want to hear 3-5 years. They want to hear 2-3 years.

Perhaps a partnership announcement?

I'm open to speculation though.

Finally bought a Model S!
    My guesses on the possibilities (in no particular order)

1. Al-Air swappable battery
    2. Model X Beta unveiling
    3. Gen III naming, concept art, and opening of reservation list (least likely in my opinion)
    4. New features for the Model S, such as adaptive cruise control and parking sensors. Existing cars with tech package get retrofitted for free.
    5. Award Ceremony for those who drove 400 miles on one charge. They will each be awarded with the new 110 kWh battery that is now available for purchase with with any new Model S.
    6. Something else that I have absolutely no idea about. (most likely option)

I've been out of town and am trying to catch up with all the announcements and speculation: Is the June 20th announcement different than the "under your nose" announcement?
    [ Model S 85 / Grey+Grey+Lacewood / Air / Tech / Pano / 19" / Sound ]

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I've been out of town and am trying to catch up with all the announcements and speculation: Is the June 20th announcement different than the "under your nose" announcement?
    No idea, but I do believe Elon has referenced it as the fifth part of his 5-part trilogy of announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Dont think so, he said it was the last of his 5 part trilogy, which he stated was "under your nose".

Whats interesting is that when asked about the hyperloop transport idea on Squawk Box this morning he again mentioned (also at D11) that he didnt want to talk about it until after the Jun 20th announcement which leads me to believe they are related somehow, perhaps in a technology sense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydop View Post
    Dont think so, he said it was the last of his 5 part trilogy, which he stated was "under your nose".

Whats interesting is that when asked about the hyperloop transport idea on Squawk Box this morning he again mentioned (also at D11) that he didnt want to talk about it until after the Jun 20th announcement which leads me to believe they are related somehow, perhaps in a technology sense.
    Not necessarily. He's stated that he doesn't want the focus to go away from Tesla, so he's going to wait until they're done with their series of announcements.
    Res seq #12535, 85kWh non-perf, Grey/Grey/Obeche matte, Tech; Delivered 2/20/13

Thread Information