Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Announcement 2013/05/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to this week's Supercharger announcement?

Wasn't this week going to be the week we received some news regarding the Supercharger network? I know we still have the weekend, but just seems odd we've made it all the way thru late afternoon Friday Pacific time and no word.

5/30/2013 Update:
The announcement officially happened today, and the actual announcement info can be found here:

Supercharger Announcement 2013/05/30 - Page 19
Supercharger Announcement 2013/05/30 - Page 22

Last edited:
Elon said there would be an announcement the next week, then a week or so after that. I always assumed it would be 2 weeks after the "service announcement" (which, didn't feel like a full announcement anyway).

Elon said there would be an announcement the next week, then a week or so after that. I always assumed it would be 2 weeks after the "service announcement" (which, didn't feel like a full announcement anyway).

Wait, what was the Service Announcement?!? I was still waiting to hear what that was going to be? Was it simply that they were going to offer the Model S Performance as the loaner cars? I hope not, that doesn't seem big enough to justify the hype of "we're going to reinvent our service experience".

Wait, what was the Service Announcement?!? I was still waiting to hear what that was going to be? Was it simply that they were going to offer the Model S Performance as the loaner cars? I hope not, that doesn't seem big enough to justify the hype of "we're going to reinvent our service experience".

I'm thinking that was part of it (which is why i said it didn't feel like a full announcement) and there may be more on the way. Either way, it would mean we'd have another week (from that point) at the least on the SC announcement.

This Week.jpg

Hopefully one of those will be in SLO as I'm sure you are hoping Lloyd. Although I guess those of us in California can't be too greedy seeing as we already have 6.

Not for me..... it would do me no good whatsoever, but people traveling 101 need an intermediate stop between San Francisco/Gilroy, and areas south.

Edit............

I hope that they make it close to the downtown area as that is the best part of San Luis Obispo!