Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sub-forum for Tesla/Model S: Announcements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like we have Model S: Battery & Charging, Model S: Driving Dynamics, etc, we should have sections for Model S: Announcements or actually probably better under the Tesla Motors: Announcements because there are just waaayy to many threads scattered around these forums and I understand it's difficult to keep track of them all and moderate/merge. I've already seen like 10 different threads for the supercharger announcement today. It would be nice is there was a major sub-section dedicated solely for these announcements and threads talking about Elon's twitter posts (which I love). It must be visible directly on the main forum page so people know the appropriate place to put these threads. I understand that multiple threads regarding the same announcement might still be created under that section but at least people would know where to go and might choose just to post a reply under an existing thread there instead of creating new ones. I think there is enough of these to warrant a new section dedicated for them.

Just food for thoughts. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

On a related note, another sub-forum idea: Model S: Aftermarket modifications. The name says it all but all threads related to aftermarket modifications (tires, wheels, tint, sound upgrades, etc) would go under that forum. There's definitely enough of those threads to warrant that section too. I think these forums are growing so fast that IMO I'm starting to see some patterns of thread topics that warrant these new sub-sections. I think these two are obvious and definitely will help a lot with organization and when trying to find related threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Third sub-forum idea: Model S: Care. (& cleaning? washing?). This one might be a stretch, but I also see lots of threads related to washing, cleaning, paint correction, and polishing. This one's a little tougher because then I'm not sure which sub-section 'XPEL Ultimate' would fall under - Aftermarket Mods or Care. Or perhaps the section should just be 'Care & Aftermarket mods'. kill two birds with one stone. I think that might be appropriate to group the two together.

Thanks for the suggestions; Doug is looking at some of this already.

Apropos the announcement idea, my initial reaction was "like" because it'd make our jobs easier, OTOH we'll end up with a section full of different topics from financial to hardware to software to superchargers.....IOW, lots of potential to be messy.

Members can help by looking before they post. Example: Last night we had 4 threads on Elon's appearance at D:11

posted elsewhere, but it would be great if each new announcement had all the information for how to listen in as either a banner at the top of the TMC page or at least always in the first post of each new announcement thread...though when there are 10 threads for each announcement that gets difficult.

+1 to that

- - - Updated - - -

05-30-2013, 05:29 AM

What is with the date of Nigel's response being posted in a font you can barely read and why feel the need to post 05-30-2013 at all? It's obvious from Nigel's post when it was posted. It is still being worked on. TESLIVE was a huge undertaking on doug and many others part so that took priority. A simple thread bump as you are know to do would have made your point.