Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Supercharger Announcement at D:11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369883204.238451.jpg

Tesla will triple the number of Superchargers in operation by end of next month. Will be able to drive coast to coast by end of this year.

Just said on stage.

Was there any word on Europe and the roll out there?

To answer your question straight: "No, there was not any word on Europe and the roll out there."

But we will learn more after the Conferencen Call today, or actually just before the Conference Call, when the locations will go online.

And I do remember Elon Musk saying that the first Tesla Model S cars would go to Norway, and that they would be able to use the Superchargers in Norway first. So, my guess is that today at least there will be a few Supercharger locations revealed in Norway as well. That would make sense to me.

To answer your question straight: "No, there was not any word on Europe and the roll out there."

But we will learn more after the Conferencen Call today, or actually just before the Conference Call, when the locations will go online.

And I do remember Elon Musk saying that the first Tesla Model S cars would go to Norway, and that they would be able to use the Superchargers in Norway first. So, my guess is that today at least there will be a few Supercharger locations revealed in Norway as well. That would make sense to me.

We already know the location of 4 SC stations in NOrway by looking into official databases regarding applications for setting up buildings etc. this is discussed on the Norwegian elbilforum.no

Now THAT'S what I call an announcement! How can you not love Elon Musk? He just keeps on doing what he says he's gonna do. What a concept.
He is awesome :)

Nice but somebody should tell Elon that we would like Superchargers to travel through all Europe too.
True, but it's completely understandable (how annoying it might be) that they are currently installing them in the US. Why? Since that's where the cars are on the road.

In Europe they would be rotting until the first Model S arrives.

Not to forgot, about 20 SuperChargers would be very welcome spread out over NL, BE, DE and FR. (Yes, I forgot Italy ;) )

We already know the location of 4 SC stations in NOrway by looking into official databases regarding applications for setting up buildings etc. this is discussed on the Norwegian elbilforum.no

My Norwegian is not that good yet.

Would you please be so kind to unveil and share that info with us about those 4 Supercharger locations in Norway?

That would be great.

Cheers

I wish this expansion could have come earlier to help us on our trip to Memphis this summer. What is the most typical East-West interstate for a cross-country trip? Will it be going through Tennessee on I-40? It would be a big dissapointment for me if they enable the cross-country trip, but the chargers won't help us travelling to the Mid-South

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta