Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston hotel with chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm headed to our office near the Children's Museum in two weeks and would prefer to charge overnight at the hotel rather than a public surface lot (though that will certainly work). I saw on another thread that the Lenox has a charger; does anyone know of other hotels closer to the Seaport that have public chargers?

As mentioned, the fallback is the Seaport Sq lot or others in that area.

Thanks, really helpful and close to the office. This is one of those "unhappy with the rate but want to support businesses who install chargers" conundrums.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Ed. 1st is a surface lot if I remember the area correctly. 2nd is the Seaport Hotel linked by nkohlimd. There are a surprising number of parking structure/charger options in Boston.

Thanks, really helpful and close to the office. This is one of those "unhappy with the rate but want to support businesses who install chargers" conundrums.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Ed. 1st is a surface lot if I remember the area correctly. 2nd is the Seaport Hotel linked by nkohlimd. There are a surprising number of parking structure/charger options in Boston.

I've charged at the Seaport Hotel twice when there for events. There are now at least two chargers there, expanded from the single one shown in the Roadster photo. They are right next to the elevator to the lobby.

I'm headed to our office near the Children's Museum in two weeks and would prefer to charge overnight at the hotel rather than a public surface lot (though that will certainly work). I saw on another thread that the Lenox has a charger; does anyone know of other hotels closer to the Seaport that have public chargers?

As mentioned, the fallback is the Seaport Sq lot or others in that area.
I'm out in the burbs with a HPWC - doesn't help you much, but you are more than welcome to charge in my garage :)

- The seaport hotel garage gets crowded (my cousins volt, +2 others)
- I used to park on the surface lot, and it's overbooked, so most ICE cars end up taking our EV spots
- Right now I park at the Boston Common Garage - the spaces are wider and no one ever uses the EV spot.

I'm out in the burbs with a HPWC - doesn't help you much, but you are more than welcome to charge in my garage :)

- The seaport hotel garage gets crowded (my cousins volt, +2 others)
- I used to park on the surface lot, and it's overbooked, so most ICE cars end up taking our EV spots
- Right now I park at the Boston Common Garage - the spaces are wider and no one ever uses the EV spot.

You're such a buzz kill. I'd hate to park that far away and hoof it ... I've stayed at the Taj and done the walk so it's no big deal, but still. I wonder if I can reserve the hotel charger slot when I make my reservations? I'll be arriving in the evening so most commuter cars will have cleared out already.

You're such a buzz kill. I'd hate to park that far away and hoof it ... I've stayed at the Taj and done the walk so it's no big deal, but still. I wonder if I can reserve the hotel charger slot when I make my reservations? I'll be arriving in the evening so most commuter cars will have cleared out already.

As far as the Seaports 3 ChargePoints, I parked their a few weeks ago and went to "Morton's" across the street, this was on a Friday night about 8:30PM, all three spots where open.. I don't think they get used much during the evening.

:) I'll ask a cousin to take pictures of the chargers, if Plugshare doesn't already show it.

As far as the Seaports 3 ChargePoints, I parked their a few weeks ago and went to "Morton's" across the street, this was on a Friday night about 8:30PM, all three spots where open.. I don't think they get used much during the evening.

Yep, evening almost no-use. During the day, they are used :)

So, this morning's trip was a non-event (hooray!). Range charged last night to 272 miles, 170 miles on the road today averaging 75 mph to Westborough then stop and go traffic from there. Had 80 miles rated left. Pulled into Seaport Sq parking lot and plugged into the unoccupied Chargepoint chargers and happily juicing at 30A. Realistically, I could do this as a day trip, charging for 11 hours and having enough to return in the evening.

Only annoyance was the traffic between Westborough and Newton...everything else was smooth.

So, this morning's trip was a non-event (hooray!). Range charged last night to 272 miles, 170 miles on the road today averaging 75 mph to Westborough then stop and go traffic from there. Had 80 miles rated left. Pulled into Seaport Sq parking lot and plugged into the unoccupied Chargepoint chargers and happily juicing at 30A. Realistically, I could do this as a day trip, charging for 11 hours and having enough to return in the evening.

Only annoyance was the traffic between Westborough and Newton...everything else was smooth.

Great news...sorry about the traffic...

Does the tech package GPS attempt to re-route around traffic issues, not that you had many options.

I'll need parking in Boston for a few days while traveling to TESLIVE in July. What are my best options at the airport for long-term parking? Or perhaps a hotel with airport shuttle? I'd like to be able to plug in. The Seaport is full. Normally I stay with relatives near Boston but my return flight is late and I don't want to bother them at midnight...

I'll need parking in Boston for a few days while traveling to TESLIVE in July. What are my best options at the airport for long-term parking? Or perhaps a hotel with airport shuttle? I'd like to be able to plug in. The Seaport is full. Normally I stay with relatives near Boston but my return flight is late and I don't want to bother them at midnight...

There are a number of ChargePoint's at Logan in a few of the terminal garages (I've used terminal B a few times; looks like terminal C and the west garage has them -- according to the chargepoint site anyway). Parking rates at anything other than long-term (which has no charging) is pretty obscene but that's what I do ... in fact I just realized I moved away from Boston so I'll be doing the same thing with my Model S!

There are a number of ChargePoint's at Logan in a few of the terminal garages (I've used terminal B a few times; looks like terminal C and the west garage has them -- according to the chargepoint site anyway). Parking rates at anything other than long-term (which has no charging) is pretty obscene but that's what I do ... in fact I just realized I moved away from Boston so I'll be doing the same thing with my Model S!

Darn you just confirmed my fear that the economy (long-term) lot has no chargers. I would have flown from a different airport if I'd known... Are you going to TESLIVE?

Do you know if the HPC is still installed at the Colonnade?

My parents frequently travel and stay overnight the night before at one of the hotels along 1A (Ramada?) and they let them keep there car their for the duration of the trip. I can try to find out what hotel it is, not sure if they'll let you stay plugged in the whole time but you can always ask.

----

I wonder if another option would be to leave it with the Tesla service center in Watertown...