Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any problems for EMF sensitive people?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A good friend of mine really wanted to have the S.

He drove the car at Menlo Park and would have taken a "floor model" the same day. Unfortunately, he developed too much of a headache and you really can't turn the 3G off.

Sadly he passed...

The power of the electromagnetic field radiated by any source attenuates with the inverse of the square of the distance. Since I suppose that the 3G electromagnetic field is radiated with a power less than 2 W (as every mobile phone at least here in Italy) I think that it shouldn't give any effect to human beings.

Last edited:
I have had issues with cell phones, particularly the early ones and headaches. I am also sensitive to very high pitched sounds. I have not noticed any issues whatsoever with driving the model S. ... my neck gets a little sore, but that's from punching the "gas", ;~).

I have had issues with cell phones, particularly the early ones and headaches. I am also sensitive to very high pitched sounds.

I can hear high pitched sounds well above what most people can, so I feel your pain on that front. I used to hate it when stores had cheap tube TV anti-theft monitors, because the screams of their horizontal flyback transformers were like nails on chalkboard to me. Fortunately no one uses those things anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if the early phones were making some high pitched noise.