Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Marking threads as "forget" or "ignore"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The conferencing software that The WELL's online community has been using for years has a "forget" feature which was always incredibly handy. If you just weren't interested in a certain topic that some folks went off on a tangent on, you could just "forget" it, and it would stop showing up anywhere you looked. You could always "unforget" it later if you wanted, but 99.9% of the time you'd just "forget" and leave forgotten. Very handy.

I'm surprised VBulletin, or whatever the web forum software is here, doesn't have such an age-old, time-tested feature.

We're using vBulletin 4.x here and it doesn't have that feature out of the box. I've looked into that feature as an add-on in the past and wasn't happy with what was available.

I suggest trying out the "Subscribed Forums" feature we do have. Simply subscribe the the forums and sub-forums you're interested in. A new tab will appear at the top labelled "Subscribed Forums". When you click that, it will return the new posts only in the forums in which you're subscribed.

Bumping this thread again. Still a need for this. Seeing tons of duplicate threads. I report them, but sometimes it can be days before they get merged. In the meantime, 3 more people start threads on the same topic. It never ends! :D:mad:

2 possibilities:
1) If I have ignored a user, I shouldn't see any threads that they've started when tracking unread posts. I SHOULD see them when I search.
2) I should have a simple ability to hide a thread. Again, it should show up in search results, but not in normal forum browsing.

Thanks.