Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error code 1087

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

augkuo

Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2011
Berkeley
I got this on my VDS today -I've asked Johnny Chan what this means so I'll post an update when I get an answer -
photo (5).JPG

I'm suspicious. I updated my OVMS to the 2.3.2 firmware on Sunday and have had the OVMS report Alert Code TN2N/1087 04000000 three times since then. Nothing on the VDS display. Just my OVMS phone app. Maybe 1087 is an internal warning code which doesn't normally show on the VDS unless it's in debug mode. Might be a clue that something is outside normal operation, but not to failure yet. My reports have always occurred when I turned the car on with my key, but not on every turn on.

I'm suspicious. I updated my OVMS to the 2.3.2 firmware on Sunday and have had the OVMS report Alert Code TN2N/1087 04000000 three times since then. Nothing on the VDS display. Just my OVMS phone app. Maybe 1087 is an internal warning code which doesn't normally show on the VDS unless it's in debug mode. Might be a clue that something is outside normal operation, but not to failure yet. My reports have always occurred when I turned the car on with my key, but not on every turn on.

It is a known issue. Seems to be random (some get it, some don't). We're changing the OVMS code to require an alert to be active for a few seconds before issuing it to the apps.

I think it doesn't appear on the VDS because it is too quickly dismissed by the VMS.

Blown PEM fuses? That sounds more serious than your average debug message. Where were the fuses? Were they actually inside the PEM? Or in the regular fuse block?

Yes the car wouldn't charge so it was definitely not just a debug message. The fuses were inside the PEM which Tesla service replaced. On the bright side, I got a Roadster loaner while the car was
being worked on ;)