Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AZ - Valley of the Sun: Your experience with Solar City?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
If you have used Solar City for a PV install, or if you looked into its program and decided against it, I am interested in your experience.

Among other possibilities for insight -

* Why did you choose, or not choose, SC?
* Would you do so again? Would you recommend to others?
* In retrospect, is it a close decision or a no-brainer to use SC (or similar) versus going it one's own?
* Is the financial program straightforward? How is the interface with APS or Salt River?
* Have you any tips for another looking to make use of them?

If you have used Solar City for a PV install, or if you looked into its program and decided against it, I am interested in your experience.

Among other possibilities for insight -

* Why did you choose, or not choose, SC?

The sales person was real easy to deal with offered a good deal and were reasonable.

* Would you do so again? Would you recommend to others?

Yes - Get in touch with "Eric Lee" <[email protected]>, do mention that I referred you (Send em a PM if you want to know more why him)

* In retrospect, is it a close decision or a no-brainer to use SC (or similar) versus going it one's own?

I think so

* Is the financial program straightforward? How is the interface with APS or Salt River?

Yes, all the interfacing with the Utilities was done very well by Solar city (Including City agencies and HOA). They kept us well informed at every stage.

* Have you any tips for another looking to make use of them?

Since we had the Solar going it is nice to see generating all that electricity and using that to charge the Tesla makes the choice a no brainer.

regards
Ash

Our neighbors across the street had Solar City installed last October. So far they are very happy.

We had them come out and give us a quote also, but so far have not pulled the trigger for a couple reasons:
1) Estimated solar production was significantly lower than our neighbors. We have the same floor plan as our neighbors, but our house is rotated 180 degrees -- which does not give as much South and Westerly facing area to place panels.
2) We may not be in the house for more than 1-2 years, so were concerned about issues with transferring the lease (I know its transferrable).

I went the Solar City route. Went live in March of this year. Nothing but good from beginning to end. Easy to work with, handled all design, paperwork, permits, HOA, everything. With very little down, I have a 1 year ROI. I strongly recommend.