Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bad EV Dealership Customer Relations List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggies07

Nov 8, 2012
DFW
Hello,

I've seen in other threads, and with what's been going on in NC and now the TX bill being dead, that people get backlash or a cold welcome to asking about EVs at a dealership.

I just test drove a Ford Focus EV. The sales guy was not enthusiastic about me inquiring about one, in fact, he said I probably knew more about it than he did. He took a long time typing in his computer and I got the feeling he felt like he got the bad apple. The test drive was about 3 minutes long. He was quiet and didn't give me any specifics about the battery or technology. I said it's amazing how much quicker they speed up (what's the term) from 0 because there is no ICE and he didn't know what I was talking about. hahaha.

What about if we make a spreadsheet of the city/state/dealership name/type of EV? If the list gets big enough, I think it would be good documentation against states denying Tesla to sell directly to customers. It would show in a major way there really is extreme negativity on selling EVs with ICE vehicles.

If people post their past situations or whenever you encounter the problem, I will keep track of them.

What do you think? Is it worth it? If not, nevermind. :smile:

Last edited:
I can not add to your list, as my experience with my LEAF dealer was quite positive.

I do note that your experience echoes what Elon posted quite some time ago. Dealers that sell both EV and ICE vehicles are at odds with themselves, as they know the ICE vehicles are their money makers in the long run. Not much incentive to sell EVs.

I don't think there is need for quantity.
I think a letter/email to your state representatives commenting on how this is exactly why the dealers are substandard will be more powerful.
And if everyone with that experience also sends such a message, all the better.
I think 5 emails (or 10, or 50) expressing this will carry more weight than one with 5,10 or 50 signatures.

I don't think there is need for quantity.
I think a letter/email to your state representatives commenting on how this is exactly why the dealers are substandard will be more powerful.
And if everyone with that experience also sends such a message, all the better.
I think 5 emails (or 10, or 50) expressing this will carry more weight than one with 5,10 or 50 signatures.

Yeah, I get that. I just thought this gives specific locations of this happening and not just a generic "most dealerships" But I guess you could give the exact dealership in the email.