Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to charge in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping to drive up from PDX on June 9 for the Mariners game with my son. Unfortunately it's both a day trip and a Sunday. I just called the service center and they are closed on Sunday. As I'm planning on this being a day trip, are there any 50 amp or higher places to charge?

Safeco Field (where the Mariners play) has Blink chargers. But I assume you won't be there long enough to get enough charge for the return trip, and that's why you want a faster charger.

Unfortunately, the only faster-than-30A public EVSEs in the Seattle area are the ones at the Tesla stores. And Plugshare doesn't show any nearby private HPWCs either. So the only other option would be to find a campground with 50A service, but that doesn't seem likely in the city (there is a KOA in Kent that has 50A service). Maybe you can find an appliance store, or police/fire department that has a 14-50. Recargo (on mobile devices) lets you search for 14-50's, but it doesn't show any in Seattle.

If you charge at Safeco Field at 30A, you won't get full but maybe you could then stop at Burgerville on the way to/from and you wouldn't have to be there long?

If only there were some Superchargers. Or if there was a CHAdeMO adapter available...

I'd offer my 14-50 in Redmond and a ride to a bus that goes straight to Safeco Field, but I will be out of town that day.

Last edited: