Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Western Best for Charging in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best Western will have 50 locations in the UK with Charging Stations by the end of May 2013. The Charging Stations allow eco-friendly electric car owners to charge up their car’s battery by plugging into the latest, future-proofed power.

Working alongside Zero Carbon World (ZCW), the no-nonsense charity committed to reducing the UK’s carbon footprint, bosses at Best Western have pledged that its green campaign will roll out to include half of its 270 hotels by September this year.

Best Western Best for Charging in UK - Zero Carbon World

"We will have charging stations available to use at 50 of our hotels as of the end of May and we plan to roll the scheme out quickly across the entire group – the first hotel company in the world to offer this."

Great news. L2 charging at hotels and resorts will be a big enabler for EVs. The UK is really taking the lead.

It would be great to have a US hotel chain step up to having charging available at their properties nationwide.

Congratulations to ZCW.

GSP

Great work! I haven't tried a chain, but talking to individual hotel owners and trying to get something put in is really a pain. Getting a chain, if you can, is definitely a better approach - though I'm sure a lot of work went in to it. It makes it easy for owners to know where to look as well...

I have heard that at least one US hotel chain is considering this sort of thing (seriously enough to talk to somebody in the industry about EVSEs); but I have no idea if it will really happen or not.

Caterer And Hotel Keeper - Best Western aims to have electric car charging stations at 135 hotels by September

The Green Car Website - Hotel group plans first nationwide EV charging network

Business Green - Best Western checks-in to electric motoring

BBC Radio 4 - You & Yours : Interview with Angela Burns Chairman of Best Western (start at 38:27)

Link2 - Hotel group rolls out electric car charging network

Best Western Blog - Rest & Charge with Best Western

- - - Updated - - -

Saturday's Sun (~6m readers);

1.6 The Sun.jpg

Sunday's People (~1.2m readers);

2.5 Sunday People.jpg