Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enthusiastic Seeking Alpha article

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JRP3

Hyperactive Member
Aug 20, 2007
Central New York
There are so many new TSLA articles on SA these days I can hardly keep up, and most of them are junk, but this was was so upbeat I thought it worth posting: http://seekingalpha.com/article/1457141-i-m-an-irrationally-exuberant-investor-in-tesla

Many people now think of Musk like somewhat of a superhero. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I have felt this way about him for a long time. He's pretty much doing what I have dreamt of doing my whole life: fighting global warming and pushing boundaries in outer space. I haven't even touched space travel in my career yet and he's doing both at the same time! The ideals that motivate his businesses align with my own better than anything I've ever come across. It is a very strange feeling to be an engineer/entrepreneur in the EV industry and watch someone living your entrepreneurial dream. I'm jealous. I'm stoked. I'm in awe. I'm inspired.

Apparently I was too enthusiastic when posting to spell the title properly :redface:

Last edited:
Anyone else notice how many more people are getting alerts for TSLA stories on SA compared to last year? It's at ~12k right now, and off hand that seems like about double or more compared to what I remember from last summer. Granted, these articles might be flagged for multiple categories, but it seems obvious to me that interest is skyrocketing. For that matter, I seem to recall it being closer to ~9k just last month. Amazing.

For sure, I've been getting almost hourly SA updates and articles on TSLA now, really popular...

What I was really impressed with was the comments section. Usually SA has so many haters piling it on, but, for this article it was overwhelmingly supported by TSLA longs. Many were also comparing it to holding aapl stock (regardless of current fundamentals) -- comparing (sometimes more favorably) Musk to Jobs, and, explaining that holding TSLA stock was also a philosophical stance, really a statement on a brighter, better future. Makes me feel positive that it's poised for serious growth as more people start to catch on...

My favorite Seeking Alpha article is this:

Tesla's Matrix Moment - Seeking Alpha

This bozo took out a short position and then the stock really took off. The whole Matrix thing just made no sense to me.

"Southwest Michigan Trader" doesn't have a lot of articles but he's been eerily spot on about Tesla short squeeze potential, their earnings report ( like really good analysis and prediction) and analysis on other companies, like Ambarella which was trading at $6.00 last autumn when he wrote about it being an insane value. It now trades in the mid-teens.