Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S PHEV competition?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
The Whitestar Styling Ideas topic had a lot of car pix of other cars that seem like they might be in competition with Tesla's large sedan model. Tesla has indicated that they are thinking of a large hatchback of sorts, so I thought I would list other models that might have similar styling, luxury, and a green angle (although not pure BEV which should differentiate Tesla).

Fisker Karma:
Fisker_Karma_Hybrid.jpg

Peugeot RC Hymotion:
PugeotHymotionRC4.jpg

Lamborghini Estoque:
01_estoque_3-4_front.jpg

Porsche Panamera:
Porsche_panamera.jpg

Last edited:
I agree on the premise, but isn't out of these only the Karma and Panamera going to be built for sure? The Peugeot and the Lambo are just concepts right and at least the Peugeot is a wild concept so probably pretty different from what they end up selling?

Cobos

At a minimum they suggested that they were planning to revise the grille.

Oh! This is the first I have heard that -- do you have any links to that? I think redoing the grille would be a wise decision. For me it is the biggest detractor for the car. We will have to replace my wife's car once she has graduated from Med School, and the Fisker or the Model S are currently in the running. But neither of us like the grille.

Ah! Thanks! I didn't catch this the first time around.

If they are still intending for a 2009 release of the Karma, they should hopefully be making the final changes soon. I wonder if Fisker and Tesla will end up releasing the final designs of the Karma and the Model S around the same time