Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio/video link to rear-facing seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rodolfo Paiz

Fidelius Family Office
Nov 19, 2012
Miami, FL
When my son is in the rear-facing jumpseat in the trunk, I can't see him. I can hear him, but only if he speaks loudly and I pause the music. Obviously this is a lot less convenient than it could be, and my wife -- given his age -- worries that he might choke on something or otherwise put himself at risk and we wouldn't know. Thus the goal of setting up some way to get audio and video from the jumpseat all the way to the front row.

It occurs to me that I could get most of the benefits I seek if I install a dashcam (like the BlackVue DR500GW-HD-WIFI linked at the bottom of this post) and then monitor it with my phone. But I wonder if I can do even better, like hooking it up to a dedicated monitor? Or is there another product that would be better for this particular project? I know very little about this, and the BlackVue is simply the first thing I've found that would seem to do what I want. I try very hard to do things well though, so any suggestions or ideas from those with more experience would be very welcome.

http://www.blackvue.co.uk/index.php...cts/new-blackvue-dr500gw-hd-with-wi-fi-detail