Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger in Ft. Myers confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://permits.leegov.com/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCase&shl_caseno=ADD2013-00058

This permit app was filed on 5/16, which I guess means they haven't started yet. The 5/16 date is interesting in that it's the same date that they filed for one in the state of Washington, which was found by the same sort of sleuthing. When I saw that one I decided to search around Florida. Perhaps they filed a bunch around the country on that date. Unfortunately, unlike in Washington, for Florida you have to search by city, unless it's in an unincorporated area (like this one) and then you can search by county, and you can only do it online for some of them. I have not searched them all, so perhaps others want to chip in.

This is the mall that was rumored here before.

That's about halfway between Tampa/St. Pete and Miami area, right? That would seem to be the most logical starting place to roll one out in FL.

Yes.

Here's a web page that lists all of the shopping malls owned by the same company as this one:

CBL : Great Shopping Places : By State

It might be worthwhile to search other ones in case they made a multi-location deal.

100 miles or so north to I-75/I-275 junction. An SC near there, e.g., Ellenton Premium Outlets, would be great. I should add however winter holiday traffic and parking at the outlet mall is horrendous and stores close at 9PM. Anyone preferring to travel and charge after hours may need to make a "pit stop" before arriving. Obviously I still think the 24-Hr Walmart approach is better for long distance travelers.:wink:

Last edited:
I can see 4 on the I-75 corridor in FL and at least 2 on this same route in GA (Miami area to Atlanta)

1. Gulf Coast Town Center
2. Ellenton Premium Outlets (or nearby) - 99mi from #1
3. I-75/TP/SR44 Junction near Wildwood - 104mi from #2
4. Lake City (somewhere near I-75) - 107mi from #3
5. Tifton GA - 104mi from #4
6. I-475/I-75/I-16 Junction near Macon GA - 113mi from #5

The last would get you to Atlanta w/o another charge needed

That was a great bit of detective work there avaitors99. The distance from the Fort Myers location to the Tesla Dania store is approximately 125 miles. This would lead me to believe that the Oakwood Plaza could potentially be a site for a Supercharger and it's only 2 miles away from the Tesla Motors Dania Service Center.

oakwood.JPG

I see the following near the bottom: Approval is not needed - the request does not require amending the PD. A full refund can be issued. Could it be a "PD Amendment" was not needed, whatever that is, and this is just an administrative-type thing, or was the application withdrawn?